Home » Community » General Discussion » pick up
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
pick up [message #39012] Mon, 21 November 2011 21:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar MODbot  is currently offline MODbot
Go to my shop
are you guys open to considering pick up in the future? I live in new york city and I know you have an office close to me. It would be great to save on shipping fees

thanks, S
Re: pick up [message #39014 is a reply to message #39012 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 22:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey skosar, we don't have something like that set up, but we'd love to do it. Keep an eye out in early 2012!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: pick up [message #39050 is a reply to message #39014 ] Tue, 22 November 2011 15:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
fantastic!!
(it seems like it would save you guys money too on packaging.)

I am looking forward to it>
Re: pick up [message #39073 is a reply to message #39050 ] Tue, 22 November 2011 21:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Likewise!

By the way, which borough do you hail from? Smile

Re: pick up [message #39305 is a reply to message #39073 ] Sat, 26 November 2011 22:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
hey - sorry for the delay.
I live in brooklyn and work in manhattan.
I know you guys have meet ups sometimes. I really want to make the next one!

I am definitely looking forward to pick up too!!

thnx,Susan
Re: pick up [message #39395 is a reply to message #39012 ] Mon, 28 November 2011 18:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I long for the day when I can step into a transporter in Canada, step out in New York, pick up my stuff from Shapeways and say "**** You!" to UPS as I step back into Canada again!

At between $12 to $18 a pop I sometimes feel like hiding from my UPS guy when he rings the doorbell!

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: pick up [message #39397 is a reply to message #39012 ] Mon, 28 November 2011 18:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Depends on the charge per atom of the transporter Wink.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: pick up [message #39406 is a reply to message #39012 ] Mon, 28 November 2011 19:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Yikes! Maybe it will be per pound, and, worse still, maybe UPS will get into the Transporter business !

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: pick up [message #39788 is a reply to message #39012 ] Sat, 03 December 2011 16:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JeffG.  is currently offline JeffG.
Go to all my models
Hi all:

I, too, am in NYC and almost walking distance to your office. I can hoof it over to you for my next order, get a little exercise in and help the environment. Win, win.

At any rate, just got my order and am blown away by the possibilities. Look forward to ordering again (and picking up in person).

Best,

JG
Re: pick up [message #39906 is a reply to message #39788 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 04:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
@Jeff cool! Exciting to see more local interest in this. Smile

If you haven't already, you NYers in this thread may want to keep an eye on our Meetup page, since we're doing monthly gatherings.

Re: pick up [message #56823 is a reply to message #39906 ] Wed, 14 November 2012 11:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Grunitzvoph  is currently offline Grunitzvoph
Go to all my models
I, too, pass your Park Ave. South offices on the way home from work. I just ordered a tiny, tiny stylus for my PRS-350 and would love to avoid the time and cost of shipping. Any chance I could swing by and forgo the wait? If so, I'll stop in whenever you specify.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2012 11:20 UTC]

Re: pick up [message #56857 is a reply to message #39012 ] Wed, 14 November 2012 22:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
This is an idea we have been talking about since we opened the Factory of the Future here in NYC...

Just to clarify, your orders do not actually come to our offices on Park Ave, they are made and/or distributed in the Factory of the Future in Long Island City (slightly more out of the way than Manhattan, depending on where you work).

To make this happen, a few things need to happen, starting with a website change to enable a button on the checkout page to allow for pickups, so this is something we can probably get working on after the Holiday season.

Best,
Natalia

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2012 22:10 UTC]

Previous Topic:Why do you not melt stainless steel but glue it instead?
Next Topic:James Bond "Skyfall" Aston martin was 3D Printed.