Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Looking for SFB Omega octant ships
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34021] Thu, 08 September 2011 16:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar Langseax  is currently offline Langseax
Go to all my models
As title suggest, I am looking for someone familiar with, and capable of making some ships from the star fleet battles omega octant.
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34209 is a reply to message #34021 ] Tue, 13 September 2011 13:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mirrorspock  is currently offline mirrorspock
Go to all my models
sounds like a nice project,
is there any particular ship you are interested in?

unfortunately I don't own the SFB books, so i don't have reference materials.

I looked at some pdf's on this site and I own several original SFB models, I'm sure I could create some compatible ones for you. (and myself)
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34270 is a reply to message #34209 ] Thu, 15 September 2011 01:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I am not sure how familiar you are to Star Fleet Battles Omega, but what I want are some ships that are in scale with the starline 2400 series. I can send pictures of existing ships next to a quarter for scale, and pictures of the ships I am interested in.

Let me know what you think.

Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34272 is a reply to message #34270 ] Thu, 15 September 2011 06:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I am not at all familiar with the Omega Octant, but google is my friend and I have found:

reference 1
reference2
reference3

I did own quite a few of those when I was young. (never played much, but I loved painting them and got them for display purposes)

The scale shouldn't be a problem, and the difficulty will really be based on what ships you need.

Getting a photograph of one of your ships for scale, and the list of ships you want with pictures would be the logical next step.

And I would need to know when you need them, since my time IS limited. (Going away for a week next week)

To save production/material costs, do you have extra stands for the ships, or do you want them added to the model?

As for compensation, we'll discuss that after I have delivered the first models, if you approve we can discuss a price for future models, if not, it won't have cost you anything but some time.
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34276 is a reply to message #34272 ] Thu, 15 September 2011 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I am interested in starting with the Maesron alliance. I can scan and email you some pdf of what they look like. I am really in no hurry. I've waited years for ADB to make some themselves. I have plenty of stands. Thank you for your interest in this project.
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34279 is a reply to message #34276 ] Thu, 15 September 2011 15:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I'll PM you my email address,
I'm really looking forward to this project.
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #38961 is a reply to message #34279 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 14:15 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
just FYI..
I never received an email about this..

you did reawaken my StarFleet battles love and I have found all my old (unbuilt) miniatures..

Previous Topic:Commission: Blocks With Inscribed Alien Glyphs
Next Topic:A question for expert modellers.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.