Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Looking for SFB Omega octant ships
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34021] Thu, 08 September 2011 16:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar Langseax  is currently offline Langseax
Go to all my models
As title suggest, I am looking for someone familiar with, and capable of making some ships from the star fleet battles omega octant.
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34209 is a reply to message #34021 ] Tue, 13 September 2011 13:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mirrorspock  is currently offline mirrorspock
Go to all my models
sounds like a nice project,
is there any particular ship you are interested in?

unfortunately I don't own the SFB books, so i don't have reference materials.

I looked at some pdf's on this site and I own several original SFB models, I'm sure I could create some compatible ones for you. (and myself)
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34270 is a reply to message #34209 ] Thu, 15 September 2011 01:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I am not sure how familiar you are to Star Fleet Battles Omega, but what I want are some ships that are in scale with the starline 2400 series. I can send pictures of existing ships next to a quarter for scale, and pictures of the ships I am interested in.

Let me know what you think.

Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34272 is a reply to message #34270 ] Thu, 15 September 2011 06:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I am not at all familiar with the Omega Octant, but google is my friend and I have found:

reference 1
reference2
reference3

I did own quite a few of those when I was young. (never played much, but I loved painting them and got them for display purposes)

The scale shouldn't be a problem, and the difficulty will really be based on what ships you need.

Getting a photograph of one of your ships for scale, and the list of ships you want with pictures would be the logical next step.

And I would need to know when you need them, since my time IS limited. (Going away for a week next week)

To save production/material costs, do you have extra stands for the ships, or do you want them added to the model?

As for compensation, we'll discuss that after I have delivered the first models, if you approve we can discuss a price for future models, if not, it won't have cost you anything but some time.
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34276 is a reply to message #34272 ] Thu, 15 September 2011 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I am interested in starting with the Maesron alliance. I can scan and email you some pdf of what they look like. I am really in no hurry. I've waited years for ADB to make some themselves. I have plenty of stands. Thank you for your interest in this project.
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #34279 is a reply to message #34276 ] Thu, 15 September 2011 15:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I'll PM you my email address,
I'm really looking forward to this project.
Re: Looking for SFB Omega octant ships [message #38961 is a reply to message #34279 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 14:15 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
just FYI..
I never received an email about this..

you did reawaken my StarFleet battles love and I have found all my old (unbuilt) miniatures..

Previous Topic:Commission: Blocks With Inscribed Alien Glyphs
Next Topic:A question for expert modellers.