Home » Community » General Discussion » Printing Questions
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Printing Questions [message #38956] Mon, 21 November 2011 12:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar xxdaggerxx  is currently offline xxdaggerxx
Go to my shop
Hi There,
How do i specify printing orientation for my models? Because the printing orientation does really affect the quality of the output, i know this because i printed these models with other services before. Basically i want it to be printed by the Y axis.I have kept the bounding box as small as i can.

Also,
does shape-ways offer WSF dyed and polished materials?
Seems like the polished version only comes in white?

3D Printing Forums:
http://www.3dprinting-forums.com/
Re: Printing Questions [message #38957 is a reply to message #38956 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 14:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Right now there is not a way to specify orientation. It is up to the operator at this point.

Nancy is working to get the dyed WSF available in polished also, but right now it is not an option.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Printing Questions [message #38964 is a reply to message #38957 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 14:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar xxdaggerxx  is currently offline xxdaggerxx
Go to my shop
great thanks for the reply.
When do you think the polished materials will be available?

3D Printing Forums:
http://www.3dprinting-forums.com/

Previous Topic:Discovery : New revolutionary material can be worked like glass
Next Topic:New Checkout Redesign coming soon!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.