Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Cufflink in 3D Help!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Cufflink in 3D Help! [message #37774] Wed, 02 November 2011 12:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar Goodkat  is currently offline Goodkat
Go to all my models
For my boyfriend his 30th birthday I would like to give him cufflinks with his initials: SG shaped in the form of the Formula 1 logo.

So the S, if possible, should have the same line as the F does and the G should have those "speed" stripes of the 1 so it really is in 3D. The initials should are joined together.

Unfortunately I am rubbish designing in 3D and only using his initials for the cufflinks is my last option. I hope someone can help me out!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Michelle.

• Attachment: F1-logo.jpg
    (Size: 27.53KB, Downloaded 90 time(s))

Re: Cufflink in 3D Help! [message #37776 is a reply to message #37774 ] Wed, 02 November 2011 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
I can probably help you out with this. I've got several cufflink designs on my page. If you still need someone to model these for you let me know.
Re: Cufflink in 3D Help! [message #38886 is a reply to message #37774 ] Sat, 19 November 2011 16:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Stevemartin  is currently offline Stevemartin
Go to all my models
Hi there,

Don't forget, if you sand the back of the clay and the surface of the cufflink where they are to be glued, you will get a stronger bond as you have provided a key for the glue.
Likewise with painting, if you can use some very fine sandpaper over the baked clay just to take off any shine, the paint will adhere very well.
Another thing you can try is to make a mould using some scrap clay - great if you have a 3d badge or anything that you want to replicate. Once baked, you can use the mould over and over - just use some talcum powder or a spritz of water as a release and don't leave any unbaked clay sitting in the mould.

Regards,
Steve Martin.

Autostereoscopic 3D Displays
Tridelity.com

Previous Topic:Modeler 3D in blender
Next Topic:Commission: Blocks With Inscribed Alien Glyphs

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.