Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » my first print i need help
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
my first print i need help [message #38846] Fri, 18 November 2011 18:51 UTC
avatar speedyexe  is currently offline speedyexe
Go to all my models
FROM SUPPORT:
I have found your model and had a look at this for you, but as you can see in my attachment there are some thin walls in the model and also this model has got too many shells in it which needs to be fixed. This is something you need to fix before we can print this for you.

If you don't know how to fix this, you can always visit our forum. There you will find a lot of experienced designers who can help you out with this.

ME: hey forum gurus im noob at printing can anybody explain me how to correct this shells and thin walls in blender?

all i made it with boolean in blender make it 5mm faces and exported to stl, iv used repair in netfabb software and i was thinking is it all good to go but its still not... can any body explain me how to deal with thin walls and shells and what is it? and how thin should be wall?

and here is my model:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3203297/final2%20%28repaired%29.stl

Previous Topic:3d Ceramic Print Design
Next Topic:Texture problem

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.