Home » Community » Introductions » Hi forum
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hi forum [message #38762] Thu, 17 November 2011 18:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar RuggedBear  is currently offline RuggedBear
Go to all my models
Hi all

I am new to this new technology of modeling and 3d printing and hope that I will be able to do what I set out to achieve.

I am looking to produce (with the help of an expert) a watch part and hopefully it wont be too much hassle (or money) to get started. More details of my project to follow.

Regards

Andy

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2011 18:28 UTC]

Re: Hi forum [message #38766 is a reply to message #38762 ] Thu, 17 November 2011 18:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome Andy

What kind of watch part? I've been contemplating making a watch (minus the movement, bought separately) for a while. You can always post in the modeler needed section, and helpful Shapies will be there to assist you.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2011 18:39 UTC]

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hi forum [message #38770 is a reply to message #38766 ] Thu, 17 November 2011 19:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RuggedBear  is currently offline RuggedBear
Go to all my models
I too have wanted to make my own watch, but for a good eta movement, you are looking at £350 which is what goes into the top of the range watches.

Im looking to make a rare part and sell it basically. Its a shroud, but need to see if it is possible.

Previous Topic:Australian Jeweller says Hi ^_^
Next Topic:Hi, new designer in town.