Home » Support » 3D Printing » Is it possible to do unglazed ceramics?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Is it possible to do unglazed ceramics? [message #37270] Mon, 24 October 2011 19:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mr. Gnome  is currently offline Mr. Gnome
Go to all my models
I know someone who has their own ceramics studio (glazes, stains, kiln, etc.) who might be more interested in getting unglazed ceramics. That way she could style the designs using her own glazes, or use stains instead of glazes.

Is it possible to get fired, unglazed pieces?
Re: Is it possible to do unglazed ceramics? [message #37702 is a reply to message #37270 ] Mon, 31 October 2011 20:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar type3secretion  is currently offline type3secretion
Go to all my models
I'm also interested in this question, as well as whether Shapeways would offer other glaze options (colors would dramatically enhance the appeal of the ceramics, particular for larger surface area objects that are expensive for which decoration could increase customer perceived value dramatically).
Re: Is it possible to do unglazed ceramics? [message #38347 is a reply to message #37270 ] Fri, 11 November 2011 00:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jjohnsen  is currently offline jjohnsen
Go to all my models
I would also like to know as I am super-interested in ordering ceramic models un-glazed. Anyone know stuff?
Re: Is it possible to do unglazed ceramics? [message #38546 is a reply to message #38347 ] Mon, 14 November 2011 17:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mr. Gnome  is currently offline Mr. Gnome
Go to all my models
I've been in contact with Shapeways, and the latest reponse was:

Quote:

Unfortunately we cannot change the automated process, this means that we cannot tell when a model needs to be glazed or not, as our system does not support this.
So for the moment you will have to order glazed version.

So it seems like this isn't something they can handle at the moment.

Previous Topic:Multiple parts per file, allowed or not?
Next Topic:Silver Print Turned Black over time

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.