Home » Community » It arrived! » Blossom heart pendant
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Blossom heart pendant [message #37627] Sun, 30 October 2011 15:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar vaclav.mazany  is currently offline vaclav.mazany
Go to my shop
Hi all,

It's been already some time, when this arrived. Today I had some time to take some pictures, finally. Smile

I'm planning to do this in silver, but because of so many delicate "tentacles", I wasn't able to easily modify it. So I will have to redesign it a bit I guess.

So this version is in white-SF and red-SF.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/323060/blossom_heart.html

index.php?t=getfile&id=11692&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=11693&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=11694&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=11695&private=0

• Attachment: _MG_4697.jpg
    (Size: 453.98KB, Downloaded 514 time(s))

• Attachment: _MG_4700.jpg
    (Size: 489.36KB, Downloaded 519 time(s))

• Attachment: _MG_4704.jpg
    (Size: 527.85KB, Downloaded 516 time(s))

• Attachment: _MG_4707.jpg
    (Size: 530.54KB, Downloaded 511 time(s))

Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37632 is a reply to message #37627 ] Sun, 30 October 2011 19:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mary.Huang  is currently offline Mary.Huang
Go to my shop
I work here
looks great in the red!
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37685 is a reply to message #37632 ] Mon, 31 October 2011 15:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
thx...
and do you think it might be better / worse if it wouldn't be coloured, and it would be silver ?
I'm asking about opinion colour vs silver Smile
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37686 is a reply to message #37627 ] Mon, 31 October 2011 15:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Because of all the unsupported area, you'd have to beef it up a lot for silver and the price will grow significantly. Perhaps order in alumide? so that you get a metalic looks, or paint in a metalic paint?

Are these 2 identical? It looks like the leaves on the white are larger than the ones on the red?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37687 is a reply to message #37686 ] Mon, 31 October 2011 15:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Quote:

Because of all the unsupported area, you'd have to beef it up a lot for silver and the price will grow significantly. Perhaps order in alumide? so that you get a metalic looks, or paint in a metalic paint?

I know.. but I have to find some time to redesign it a bit Smile
+ I don't like the alumide that much, so for me its, if metal then silver only Smile

Quote:

Are these 2 identical?

Yes, both should be the same. Same print, just different colour.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2011 15:15 UTC]

Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37688 is a reply to message #37627 ] Mon, 31 October 2011 15:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I wonder if it has to do with print orientation. I've circled in green two spots that are really different on the two.
index.php?t=getfile&id=11704&private=0

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37689 is a reply to message #37688 ] Mon, 31 October 2011 15:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
hmm.. not sure.. I will have to check out, when I'll get home.
But it might be because its the oposite side. The hearts are symetrical, to some point. So it might be one of the diferences.
But thx for pointing it out.
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37691 is a reply to message #37627 ] Mon, 31 October 2011 15:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
No problem, I was just thinking you could send to support which was your intended look, so that they can continue to improve quality.

Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37852 is a reply to message #37691 ] Thu, 03 November 2011 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
yea I agree w/ youknow's keen eye. Red one has sharper lines, white one looks as if it lost some definition.

Awesome design. Really like the photos' composition & your logo darkening the wood grain behind it, nice touch.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37854 is a reply to message #37852 ] Thu, 03 November 2011 13:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thx,
It's always a pleassure to hear some compliment Smile

About the printed models, it is actually true, that the white one, came out a bit different. Yesterday I've checked it, and, for some reason, it's a bit more "bulky" it has a bit more mass to it.
Might it be possible because of the orientation in printer ?
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37878 is a reply to message #37854 ] Thu, 03 November 2011 17:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Bulkier and with obvious layers. Does the red one have layers if looked from the sides? Or not layers at all, just "sand" texture?

Maybe it was grouped with big items? If you look at the material page for WSF, you get a list of differences for big items (above 117mm) which suggest big items are printted by a different machine, or with thicker laser and layers:

Quote:

Min Detail: 0.6 mm
Lead time will be a few days (3-4 days) longer
Depending on the model, you may notice extra "stepping" in the surface of your material

Base WSF has less obvious layers and min detail is 0.2mm.
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #37884 is a reply to message #37878 ] Thu, 03 November 2011 19:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Quote:

Bulkier and with obvious layers. Does the red one have layers if looked from the sides? Or not layers at all, just "sand" texture?

nope... no layers, just "sand" texture

Quote:

Maybe it was grouped with big items?

aha... I didn't know about that this could happen, I thought that it is only possible for really big models... I will ask the support then, it wouldn't be nice, if it would differ from order to order...
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #38096 is a reply to message #37884 ] Mon, 07 November 2011 08:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi all,

Just a quick reply about what it was actually causing the stepping and volume. According to Shapeways it was due to printing orientation (I thought so). And I got a coupon from them. So many thanks to the Shapeways service Smile

Václav
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #38425 is a reply to message #38096 ] Fri, 11 November 2011 22:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Vaclav, just wanted to let you know that your blossom pendant is featured in Friday Finds!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #38427 is a reply to message #37627 ] Fri, 11 November 2011 22:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SheilaMunro  is currently offline SheilaMunro
Go to my shop
Very nice unique design! Would love to see in Silver.
icon10.gif  Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #38428 is a reply to message #38425 ] Fri, 11 November 2011 22:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Cool Smile thank-you !
I really appreciate it.
Re: Blossom heart pendant [message #38429 is a reply to message #38427 ] Fri, 11 November 2011 22:29 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Quote:

Very nice unique design! Would love to see in Silver.

This is exactly my plan Smile but I need to save some time to redesign it a bit. For silver it's too thin.
Frankly, silver was / is my main goal, but it turned out that it cannot be casted, so i tried how it'll look in red SF and it seems that it's better than I thought Smile

Previous Topic:WSF Print incredibly warped!
Next Topic:Perfect Pair

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.