Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » A Quick & Easy Favor
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
A Quick & Easy Favor [message #38278] Thu, 10 November 2011 00:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar isisjara  is currently offline isisjara
Go to my shop
So, I have a small charm I need to get printed in silver for earrings. Unfortunately I didn't realize that I could put 2 of them in one file to save money and there's only one charm in the file I have uploaded. I used Rhino3D to create the charm but I'm not currently able to use Rhino3D to duplicate the charm and add it to the file.

So all I need is for someone to:
- Copy the mesh/object so that there are two of them in the file
- Save as STL

Is there anyone who could do this quick little favor for me? Silver is so expensive to print in, I don't want to pay double for it!
Re: A Quick & Easy Favor [message #38281 is a reply to message #38278 ] Thu, 10 November 2011 01:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
if you can provide step, iges files i can do really quickly. I should be able to import rhino also but have not tested yet.

I did write a program to combine STL but I am not sure the state of its functionality so it may be a few days before I could get the combined STL back to you.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: A Quick & Easy Favor [message #38294 is a reply to message #38278 ] Thu, 10 November 2011 11:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi if you can send me the file, I'll do it in a few minutes?
V

info@dotsan.com

Shapeways reviews

[Updated on: Thu, 10 November 2011 11:25 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
icon10.gif  Re: A Quick & Easy Favor [message #38332 is a reply to message #38294 ] Thu, 10 November 2011 19:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar isisjara  is currently offline isisjara
Go to my shop
VirtualV, just emailed you.

Thank you to everyone offering their help!

Previous Topic:Need Modeler for "Christmas Ornament" tpe project
Next Topic:How do computers and electronics actually work?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.