Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » A Quick & Easy Favor
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
A Quick & Easy Favor [message #38278] Thu, 10 November 2011 00:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar isisjara  is currently offline isisjara
Go to my shop
So, I have a small charm I need to get printed in silver for earrings. Unfortunately I didn't realize that I could put 2 of them in one file to save money and there's only one charm in the file I have uploaded. I used Rhino3D to create the charm but I'm not currently able to use Rhino3D to duplicate the charm and add it to the file.

So all I need is for someone to:
- Copy the mesh/object so that there are two of them in the file
- Save as STL

Is there anyone who could do this quick little favor for me? Silver is so expensive to print in, I don't want to pay double for it!
Re: A Quick & Easy Favor [message #38281 is a reply to message #38278 ] Thu, 10 November 2011 01:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
if you can provide step, iges files i can do really quickly. I should be able to import rhino also but have not tested yet.

I did write a program to combine STL but I am not sure the state of its functionality so it may be a few days before I could get the combined STL back to you.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: A Quick & Easy Favor [message #38294 is a reply to message #38278 ] Thu, 10 November 2011 11:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi if you can send me the file, I'll do it in a few minutes?
V

info@dotsan.com

Shapeways reviews

[Updated on: Thu, 10 November 2011 11:25 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
icon10.gif  Re: A Quick & Easy Favor [message #38332 is a reply to message #38294 ] Thu, 10 November 2011 19:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar isisjara  is currently offline isisjara
Go to my shop
VirtualV, just emailed you.

Thank you to everyone offering their help!

Previous Topic:Need Modeler for "Christmas Ornament" tpe project
Next Topic:How do computers and electronics actually work?