Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » Petition for Finishing Options
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Petition for Finishing Options [message #38186] Tue, 08 November 2011 19:59 UTC
avatar type3secretion  is currently offline type3secretion
Go to all my models
Dear Shapeways users:

For my own prints, the option to have a finish applied (food safe shellac, polyurethane, etc) to models, especially Z-corp materials, would be a boon.

I've requested this in emails and was told that Shapeways is considering it if the demand is high enough. Naively, I assume it would be, and created this petition to try and objectively illustrate that:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/food-safe-finish-option-for -printed-objects/

If you would like to have the option for finishes to be applied to your models, please follow the link and sign! If there are enough signees, it may help convince Shapeways to provide finishing options for models.

Thanks for considering!

t3s

ps Finishes can be protective, make items food safe, smoothen the surfaces (sandstone z-corp material is rough against skin, for example, but some coats of shellac, even a wax coating, make a big difference), etc. It would be pretty low tech for Shapeways to implement a surface spray option (low tech relative to everything else that they offer!).

pps If you support this, please email to others you think might be on board as well.

Previous Topic:Payment mistakes
Next Topic:downloading own models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.