Home » Support » 3D Printing » Multiple object printing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Multiple object printing [message #37756] Tue, 01 November 2011 22:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar shongu  is currently offline shongu
Go to all my models
So I've been looking through the different tutorials and I think I know the answer to my question, but I'm just trying to make sure.

I have a model in maya of a robot that is broken down into several pieces that interconnect. I want my final 3D print to one solid statue. Am I going to have combine all the pieces into one object, or does having them intersect work?

Any information would be great.

Thanks
Re: Multiple object printing [message #37801 is a reply to message #37756 ] Wed, 02 November 2011 17:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome! As long as the parts overlap you should be good. The software should automatically fuse the model and not charge you double for over lapping material. You just want to make sure they over lap and not just touching. Overlapping faces will cause issues.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Alternative to white glaze?
Next Topic:Black Strong and Flexible requirements?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.