Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Model for coffee mug
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model for coffee mug [message #37424] Thu, 27 October 2011 02:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar balculator  is currently offline balculator
Go to all my models
I'm looking for someone to model a coffee mug for me. The design is a mug that is almost entirely enclosed except for two holes. One to pour the liquid in and another to sip the liquid out. It's basically a sippy cup for adults. Additionally there is a pocket of air surrounding between the inside container (holding the hot liquid) and the outside of the mug. There is no handle, the air pocket will create a barrier between your hand and the liquid so you don't get burned when you pick it up.

There should be 4 vents, these will help the hot air escape and are also necessary to allow for the material to be emptied after printing. Also, the air pocket is one continuous loop around the entire center container, not sure if this is clear from the cross-section.

I feel like I'm doing a horrible job describing this and I imagine my sketches won't be much better. I would appreciate anybody's help and I'm happy to pay. Please contact me.

Thank you.

index.php?t=getfile&id=11635&private=0
http://i.imgur.com/kl2hl.jpg

Re: Model for coffee mug [message #37425 is a reply to message #37424 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 02:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
the glaze is sprayed on, so it wont reach the inside surface, meaning it won't be food safe.

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Model for coffee mug [message #37426 is a reply to message #37425 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 02:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Can it be sprayed through the hole in the top?

Thank you for your input. I'm probably not going to be drinking from it, just a prototype.

edit: Another problem I've thought of is that it would be difficult/impossible to clean. I just kind of want to see the thing get made.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2011 02:44 UTC]

Re: Model for coffee mug [message #37427 is a reply to message #37426 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 02:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
i don't know if they accept special spraying requests. for a fullsize coffee cup this is probably going to cost over $100 just for the print.

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Model for coffee mug [message #37428 is a reply to message #37427 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 03:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-a5J49pTy8gE/TqjJJisyCYI/AAAAAAAAIaE/p2hxTu7gp8M/s838/mug.jpg

This is only about 67mm tall, and would cost about $65 in ceramic, plus shipping.

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Model for coffee mug [message #37429 is a reply to message #37428 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 03:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
PM sent
Re: Model for coffee mug [message #37568 is a reply to message #37424 ] Fri, 28 October 2011 21:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kobi@kobikor.com  is currently offline kobi@kobikor.com
Go to my shop
Hi There
so i see the sketch and get some understanding on the mug shape
what is the offer?
kobi kor, designer : 3d modeler

Kor design
Re: Model for coffee mug [message #37569 is a reply to message #37568 ] Fri, 28 October 2011 22:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you everyone but I have already found designers to complete the job.
Re: Model for coffee mug [message #37636 is a reply to message #37424 ] Sun, 30 October 2011 22:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Wishful Creative  is currently offline Wishful Creative
Go to my shop
It was fun to do, here is a pic you can use.index.php?t=getfile&id=11696&private=0

Wishful Creative

Previous Topic:HAZMAT Suit model needed
Next Topic:Plummer-Fernandez seeks mesh repair-person

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.