Home » Community » Instructions » <3 lamp building instructions
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
<3 lamp building instructions [message #37583] Sat, 29 October 2011 01:55 UTC
avatar HenryAlfredo  is currently offline HenryAlfredo
Go to my shop
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/3c44e.gif

[work in progress]

Choosing a certain material of course has effects on the diffusion of light. Also, the chosen LED affects the effective light emitted.

As material i ordered unpolished WSF. Every other material for all parts should work, but light emission is least through metal while best is a transparent plastic or glass.

/// Wiring the lamp ///
You need wirecutters. I used two meter utp networkcable but any other source of shielded wire is possible as long as it is not too thick. If using utp cable: unshield the whole length by making a incision and then pulling the outer jacket off all the way by holding on to the wires. Take 3 pairs of wire from it.

Run a pair of wire through each armature. Make sure you allow enough wire to solder the LED. Finally, bend a wire a bit like a fishhook and use this as guide wire to pull all three pairs through the heart qnctr. Pushing and then pulling the wire works best.

/// Fitting the LEDs ///
You need a soldering gun and solder. I soldered 3V LEDs to the wire. For additional protection of the connection a dot of hot glue from a hot glue gun can be helpful. When fitting the central LED, make sure to have one armature in the heart qnctr. Make sure to correctly rewire the LEDs.

/// power supply ///
I used a LED bikelight with its 2 AAA batteries, and just desolderd the LEDs, and put pairs of wires between the LEDs and the bikelight pcb. For higher powered LEDs acquire the appropriate drivers which probably will be sold alongside these LEDs.

/// lamp variations ///
Both lamp armatures can be rotated in such angles that other shapes emerge and the lamp balance shifts. Some of the shapes found are:
resting on flat surface
suspended
other suspended shape

Previous Topic:Rhombic18 Sticker Template
Next Topic:Fracture-6 Sticker Template

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.