Home » Community » Work in progress » MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37391] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar nitraMartin  is currently offline nitraMartin
Go to all my models
I uploaded a model "Navskjerm Thickened.STL" and it survived the model check. A picture was loaded to My Models. HOWEVER the picture shows a MIRROR version of my model.

a) Is the 3D geometry now changed?...so if I order the print I will end up with a mirrored part which I can not use?

b) How can I know, before I order that the geometry I submitted actually is not changed and that I get the right part?

Curious Regards,
nitraMartin

Martin M B
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37392 is a reply to message #37391 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
What shows up is what you get. What software are you exporting from? Check your model using netfab or meshlab, they should give you a good idea of what shapeways see's.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37394 is a reply to message #37392 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,

I'm using SolidWorks Professional. Never had any issues with exporting from *.sldprt to *.stl. I have naturally checked the STL by reading it back into SolidWorks and the STL is fine.

How can the picture in shapeways My Models be a mirror version?

Martin M B
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37399 is a reply to message #37391 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm not sure, I'll email Barry to see if he knows.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37407 is a reply to message #37399 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 21:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi nitraMartin,

it looks correct to me. On the thumbnail the model is just rotated a bit. You can look at the 3D viewer to see the model more clearly.

Best,

Barry
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37432 is a reply to message #37407 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 05:39 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Hi Barry,

On my lap-top the 3D viewer does not run. Here on my iPAD amazingly it does. I can confirm 3D geometry is OK. That is enough for me. Case solved. THANKS!

Best Regards,
Martin
PS! It is not possible for me to make sence of the photo. I can only see it mirrored, who cares Smile. .?

Martin M B

Previous Topic:Question on Gaps for Silver
Next Topic:Adding photos

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.