Home » Community » Work in progress » MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37391] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar nitraMartin  is currently offline nitraMartin
Go to all my models
I uploaded a model "Navskjerm Thickened.STL" and it survived the model check. A picture was loaded to My Models. HOWEVER the picture shows a MIRROR version of my model.

a) Is the 3D geometry now changed?...so if I order the print I will end up with a mirrored part which I can not use?

b) How can I know, before I order that the geometry I submitted actually is not changed and that I get the right part?

Curious Regards,
nitraMartin

Martin M B
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37392 is a reply to message #37391 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
What shows up is what you get. What software are you exporting from? Check your model using netfab or meshlab, they should give you a good idea of what shapeways see's.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37394 is a reply to message #37392 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,

I'm using SolidWorks Professional. Never had any issues with exporting from *.sldprt to *.stl. I have naturally checked the STL by reading it back into SolidWorks and the STL is fine.

How can the picture in shapeways My Models be a mirror version?

Martin M B
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37399 is a reply to message #37391 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm not sure, I'll email Barry to see if he knows.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37407 is a reply to message #37399 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 21:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi nitraMartin,

it looks correct to me. On the thumbnail the model is just rotated a bit. You can look at the 3D viewer to see the model more clearly.

Best,

Barry
Re: MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!? [message #37432 is a reply to message #37407 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 05:39 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Hi Barry,

On my lap-top the 3D viewer does not run. Here on my iPAD amazingly it does. I can confirm 3D geometry is OK. That is enough for me. Case solved. THANKS!

Best Regards,
Martin
PS! It is not possible for me to make sence of the photo. I can only see it mirrored, who cares Smile. .?

Martin M B

Previous Topic:Question on Gaps for Silver
Next Topic:Adding photos