Home » Support » Bug Reporting » UPS shipping notifications?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
UPS shipping notifications? [message #35226] Tue, 27 September 2011 06:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I received a delivery yesterday, the 'Your model has been shipped' email arrived on Friday, but there was no UPS tracking email notification, luckily, UPS delivered just before I went out.

I also received more 'Your model has been shipped' email notifications yesterday (4 models I ordered), but again there's no UPS tracking email.

Is this part of the changes to streamline the delivery process or has something gone awry?

Cheers,
Paul
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #35228 is a reply to message #35226 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 07:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I do get all the individual model shipping emails.
But for my last three orders, only the first got a UPS tracking email.
The my orders page also does not show UPS nrs for latest orders.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #35229 is a reply to message #35226 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 08:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
I've had a similar thing happen, with two orders now not having UPS tracking numbers emailed out.

Contacting customer service I got a tracking number for my most recent order, fortunately the package had already arrived, but I still needed to see who had signed for it.

Shapeways need to sort out this aspect of the delivery process ASAP.
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #35231 is a reply to message #35226 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 08:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bunrattypark  is currently offline Bunrattypark
Go to my shop
Ditto, I had a notification from Shapeways on Friday 23rd, but nothing from UPS. On Monday 26th at 1330, regular as clockwork, the UPS man arrived, but there had been no tracking email from UPS.
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #35274 is a reply to message #35226 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 19:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
Yep, I also got two orders shipped on the 22nd for which I did not get a tracking email.
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #35277 is a reply to message #35274 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 20:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar habbie  is currently offline habbie
Go to all my models
same here, out of my past 10 orders, 3 ups shipping notifications where send..
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #35326 is a reply to message #35277 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 13:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar thomasgropp  is currently offline thomasgropp
Go to my shop
Same here. Never got UPS-Notifications. Luckily there is almost always someone in our house. Rolling Eyes
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #35500 is a reply to message #35326 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 05:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
Echoing everyone else. Got my order in last week, just showed up out of the blue, no UPS notice at all. The Shapeways "your model has been shipped" notice came through as usual. Thankfully my dad was home at the time to collect the parcel.

Made me very happy to get something after my first exam, but also very shocked at how Shapeways is continuing their trend of releasing bug after bug after bug, and now it's even happening in the delivery system. Creepy, though I'm glad my models got here safe and sound. Just, please, don't leave us in the dark again. There's nothing worse than missing a parcel and having to wait a whole extra day for it.
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #36634 is a reply to message #35226 ] Fri, 14 October 2011 09:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
I noticed that although we are still not getting shipping notifications a link to UPS website to track the parcel has appeared in the "My Orders" section.

However for the last order, which I was notified was being shipped yesterday, that field is blank.

I assume it has been shipped but don't know whether to wait in for it today or not - we will see if anything arrives!
icon8.gif  Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37383 is a reply to message #35226 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 14:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar thomasgropp  is currently offline thomasgropp
Go to my shop
I just now received a mail that my product was shipped. After looking into "My Orders" this morning and still seeing "In production", I immediately looked there now and to my surprise there was a tracking number for the first time! I clicked it and what did I see: UPS tried to DELIVER my shipment 4 hours BEFORE that mail! Mad

Guys, can you please and once and for all fix that notification thing! It is really annoying!

Thomas
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37417 is a reply to message #37383 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 01:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Thomas,

We are in the prices of working on finer grain notification of product status.

Apologies for the frustrations as we get it into place.

Thanks for you patience.

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37436 is a reply to message #37417 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 07:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Duann,

It may not be the Shapeways process notifications that are at fault here.

As far as I can tell it has been over a month now with no UPS shipping notifications be sent to buyers... this can cause the buyer to face re-delivery charges by UPS.

This effects not only us designers waiting for our products, but all buyers.

The information on the shipping support page is wrong "You will receive a UPS tracking email once we have shipped your order. You can use this email to track your package. It also has the UPS details of your order in it should there be any issues with the UPS delivery.", imo, this information should be updated with the current state of affairs so that all buyers are in the know.

Paul

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37443 is a reply to message #37436 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 10:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Paul.

I received notification of a delivery last week, so maybe it is being solved?

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37448 is a reply to message #37443 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 11:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
duann wrote on Thu, 27 October 2011 10:48

Hey Paul.

I received notification of a delivery last week, so maybe it is being solved?

The UPS tracking notification email or the Shapeways shipping email?

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37449 is a reply to message #37448 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 12:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
UPS,

Not sure if I got one from Shapeways (I get a lot Smile and would have deleted it once I had the UPS code.

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37470 is a reply to message #37449 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 16:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Cool, I await my latest shipping + tracking notifications with anticipation Smile

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37805 is a reply to message #37470 ] Wed, 02 November 2011 20:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Latest news:

Shapeways shipping rmail.
UPS tracking number in My Orders
No UPS tracking email Sad

(and its nothing to do with me using IE8.0)
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37815 is a reply to message #37805 ] Wed, 02 November 2011 22:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Some with me.
Clicking on the tracking number on the order page takes you to the UPS tracking page.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2011 22:53 UTC]

Bill Bedford
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37917 is a reply to message #37815 ] Fri, 04 November 2011 06:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Well my package was on its way and due to be delivered yesterday... but now its 'held in wharehouse'. Anyone know why that might be?

index.php?t=getfile&id=11765&private=0

[edit]Update - I just got off the phone with UPS, my package is held up by UK Customs and won't likely be released til monday Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 04 November 2011 11:46 UTC]

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #37958 is a reply to message #37917 ] Fri, 04 November 2011 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Customs? What kind of joke is this?
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #38001 is a reply to message #37958 ] Sat, 05 November 2011 10:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Its no joke stannum, apparently customs do random checks on inter-EU packages... its either that or someone along the line in handling the package caused a 'sniffer' alarm to go off, or the models' titles were truncated enough on the paperwork to cause suspicion as it looks like my delivery was earmarked before it left The Netherlands.

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #38102 is a reply to message #35226 ] Mon, 07 November 2011 09:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Have email notifications gone forever now or is this still a temporary glitch ?

It would be nice to know one way or the other.........

Tom
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #38107 is a reply to message #38001 ] Mon, 07 November 2011 11:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert

chuffin, blinking, blerdy customs have been sitting on my delivery since Thursday and won't likely release it before the end of today... the reason from UPS is "random inter-EU package inspection"... aaaarrrrggg
[/rant]

@teebee, who knows? Last month SW CS told me i'd get a UPS notification and never did, Duann says his notifications were OK... just randomness I guess.

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #38108 is a reply to message #38107 ] Mon, 07 November 2011 11:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I've not had a e-mail notification for a couple of months now - is anyone getting them ? I was under the impression these came from UPS itself not Shapeways so the problem may be at their end or due to something Shapeways have done.

It's not been a major problem for me, just annoying as on one case the orders page was not updated with the tracking no until after it had arrived.

Seeing as how we are now paying for these deliveries I feel cheated not getting all I'm paying for ! Smile

Tom
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #38167 is a reply to message #38108 ] Tue, 08 November 2011 15:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Before you got emails (one per box) from UPS with a tracking code and not very descriptive ones from SW (one per item in the box and not saying if for a customer or you, no tracking code). At some point, the plain ones became even less useful (item name was missing altogether) but that was back to "normal" (names still cut too short and no unique ID). Next SW mails stopped. The UPS mail was not sent either, but the code was avaliable from order listing.

Quick version: random. Blame the bugs?
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #38172 is a reply to message #38167 ] Tue, 08 November 2011 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
funnily enough, in My Orders, tracking codes have been appearing when there were previously none... there were a few before and with the ones that were missing I always got a UPS tracking notification.

Oh and UK customs are a bunch of numpties for holding up my Shapeways delivery for 5 days... they didn't even open it to inspect the contents!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2011 15:47 UTC]

Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #38175 is a reply to message #38172 ] Tue, 08 November 2011 15:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
p'rhaps your parcel didn't smell the one they were looking for......

Bill Bedford
Re: UPS shipping notifications? [message #38176 is a reply to message #38175 ] Tue, 08 November 2011 16:02 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
lol... but the contents might start to smell soon... all will be revealed Wink

Previous Topic:When will necklaces be back
Next Topic:Blender

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.