Home » Community » It arrived! » medallion
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
medallion [message #3732] Fri, 03 April 2009 13:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar Gijs  is currently offline Gijs
Go to my shop
Hi everybody,

my first printed parts arrived, and I'm quite happy with the print quality

I would however have expected this part to printed in a different orientation (maze figure up)

This part has been painted with a silver marker. this works well!

The maze figure is from the cathedral in Chartre.

Some details: I made the part cheaper (half the price!) by making it hollow. There are no holes though, so there is loose powder inside the shape.

cheers,
Gijs

index.php?t=getfile&id=451&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=452&private=0

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: medallion [message #3738 is a reply to message #3732 ] Fri, 03 April 2009 14:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
Beautiful! I love mazes! I'm waiting for a maze-related print to be delivered as we speak!

The Chartres is a classic example, and it looks wonderful as a pendant. nice work on that model. Did you use a displacement map for that?

I think I might just have to try paint markers Smile Thanks for the tip. If you're interested in sharing it further, you might want to put a topic in the "post-production techniques" part of the forum.

-Whystler

[Updated on: Fri, 03 April 2009 14:49 UTC]

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: medallion [message #3740 is a reply to message #3732 ] Fri, 03 April 2009 15:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar frankbuss  is currently offline frankbuss
Go to my shop
Nice model! I assume this is WS&F? The rougness of the material, combined with the silber marker, looks like stone, good idea.

I wonder what Shapeways thinks about enclosing material inside a volume. Or doesn't it matter, because it is (maybe) cheaper support material?
Re: medallion [message #3778 is a reply to message #3732 ] Mon, 06 April 2009 11:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Gijs  is currently offline Gijs
Go to my shop
Thanks, and glad you like it Smile

as for enclosing material: I assume that is not an issue. I understood that the powder can only be recylced for 50%, meaning that each shot should at least contain 50% fresh powder.

I modeled the maze, it is not a displacement map (modeled in Rhino)

and yes, the material is WS&F

Cheers,
Gijs

www.studiogijs.nl

Previous Topic:Miniature test
Next Topic:My Piston and Turbo Keychain, and Character model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.