Home »  » 3D Printing » Repairing in Netfabb Basic
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Repairing in Netfabb Basic [message #37211] Sun, 23 October 2011 11:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar Leothedog  is currently offline Leothedog
Go to all my models
I'm looking to all you experienced guys for a little help, pleas.

I've been having some initial success modelling in Sketchup and uploading to Shapeways. However, as I become a little more adventurous, a few errors have crept in and some uploads have been unsuccessful. This has led me to export the *.dae file to Meshlab, thus converting the file to *.STL.This then leads me to open the STL file in Netfabb Basic so that I can effect the necessary repairs. The problem that I'm having is that I don't seem to be able to save or export the resulting repaired file in anything other than a *.fabbproject file - which Shapeways doesn't recognise as a legitimate type for uploading.
Surely there's a simple solution to this without investing in Netfabb Professional at what for me is a prohibitive cost?

Please Help!

MIke
Re: Repairing in Netfabb Basic [message #37297 is a reply to message #37211 ] Tue, 25 October 2011 08:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
To save a file from NetFabb Basic as an stl, highlight the model (part) in the context area to the right, then from the top menu, click on [Part]. This drops down a menu, where you can Export Part.

Paul

Previous Topic:Most detail possible?
Next Topic:Nuts n Bolts!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.