Home » Community » It arrived! » My First Silver Print
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My First Silver Print [message #37279] Mon, 24 October 2011 23:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
index.php?t=getfile&id=11604&private=0

Yay! My first silver print FINALLY arrived so I thought I'd share.

I wasn't sure how precise the measurements would be for gem setting so I intentionally left the gaps you see for soldering a small bezel in. I'll forgo this in the future because the dimensions were so accurate, I'm really impressed with the precision.

It's going to need a lot of hand polishing but I can't wait for the rest of my silver tests to arrive and start designing in earnest. Thanks for all the shapies who have helped me along the way!

• Attachment: sterling1.jpg
    (Size: 58.79KB, Downloaded 493 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2011 23:37 UTC]

Re: My First Silver Print [message #37329 is a reply to message #37279 ] Tue, 25 October 2011 16:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Very elegant looking. I love working with silver and stones. Can't wait to design more.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: My First Silver Print [message #37353 is a reply to message #37279 ] Tue, 25 October 2011 23:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mingles  is currently offline mingles
Go to my shop
Beautiful! Very nicely made! Is that a piece of Charoite? Smile
Re: My First Silver Print [message #37354 is a reply to message #37353 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 00:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Very Nice...

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: My First Silver Print [message #37361 is a reply to message #37354 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 05:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
Looks great!

Did you pay for silver glossy? Or was it just regular silver?

Because if you payed for glossy, it shouldn't have all those scratches in it, nor need any more polishing.

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: My First Silver Print [message #37363 is a reply to message #37279 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 06:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

@M1NGLES Yes, its charoite, I'm a sucker for purple stones. Smile

@Novaking - Yes, I paid for glossy silver. The back of this piece has some really significant scratches too. Because it was late, I'm guessing SW didn't spend as much time tumbling/polishing? It needs some soldering/pickling/polishing regardless so I'm not going to complain BUT I hope I don't see this finish in the future.

I have some flat pieces arriving at the end of this week and I'm really hoping they don't look like this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: My First Silver Print [message #37366 is a reply to message #37363 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 09:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
If you don't mind, please send some pictures to service@shapeways.com

Tell them that you don't think these scratches are appropriate for polished silver.

They will want to know when this sort of thing happens. The only way to make sure that the quality control is good is when the people in charge find out when it wasn't done right.

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway

Previous Topic:Help - Did I pick the wrong color?
Next Topic:Spiralling figure 8 with 360 degree twist

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.