Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Sizing options and shop entities
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sizing options and shop entities [message #37268] Mon, 24 October 2011 19:05 UTC
avatar HenryAlfredo  is currently offline HenryAlfredo
Go to my shop
Hi, maybe its been requested before but here are some possible suggestions for improvement

when model upload set default model size to for example iches or millimeters which can be set in the user account. i know its just 1 click but i like automation

linking several models in your shop to a parent entity so that multipart designs in different materials can also be bought as 1 product in the shop, this way multipart or set products can be offered at a set price

autorendering a 30 frame animated gif of a rotating uploaded model. put it on a nice shapeways.com platter so ppl can easily put their designs in the spotlight by pushing to social media. make it reflect the material chosen.

the java plugin still causes hickups for me here and there. sometimes the plugin just needs a page refresh. sometimes the controls center on the plugin window. i fear not many shop visitors have the plugin, and call me lazy but i try to concentrate on the design not on the renders. in the end photos are much better though.

i used a firefox plugin a while back which lets you slide between photos on flickr, i think a similar environment to explore designs on keywords for shapeways would be nice. a virtual 3d shapeways gallery would be brilliant.

also consider people ordering a nice silver pendant, it would be nice to offer the customer a nice selection of cords. or say the designer orders 20 silver chains for a pendant, delivers them to their shapeways ´postbox´ and links them to a certain product in the shop. users could be charged per volume used for storage.

or, facilitate or support community bulk buys of such products. this will result in lower purchasing costs. this idea can apply to other categories like robotics where people design the chassis and parts, and the required components eg arduinos for a working design are delivered by shapeways. i know you could just link to an external site for these items to be ordered, but on the extra postage the buyer saves, shapeways maybe could make money, especially on bulk prices. and, most importantly, the designer can offer a more complete product for a better price.

Previous Topic:Vid uploads not Tweeted?
Next Topic:Upload Broken

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.