Home » Community » It arrived! » Disappointing results
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Disappointing results [message #37073] Fri, 21 October 2011 02:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar Datto  is currently offline Datto
Go to my shop
I put a model up on Shapeways to be ordered by a client, and he was not happy with what he got. Part was my fault, I scaled the piece incorrectly, but more vexing was the rough surface on the FUD print. IT is a sprue with three heads, the entire piece is 3.7X1.9X.09 cm. Here is the link to the part:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/edit/347949/
The photo I'll upload here shows the FUD part alongside a resin casting of another piece I had printed at Shapeways, also in FUD. The difference is pretty stark. There appears to be some primer on the heads, bit even if primer was applied to dry, that does not explain the coarse stair-stepping on the part.

Re: Disappointing results [message #37074 is a reply to message #37073 ] Fri, 21 October 2011 02:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi,
That is not an acceptable print.

Please contact service (at) shapeways.com with order number and image.

They will make good.

Our apologies as we work on improving the quality of FUD prints.

Thanks for letting us know.

Duann Scott,

Previous Topic:laplacian growth
Next Topic:Bubble Men - 2nd attempt

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.