Home » Community » General Discussion » Confused About Titanium
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Confused About Titanium [message #36927] Wed, 19 October 2011 01:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar bossmoss  is currently offline bossmoss
Go to all my models
I read about the process of printing Titanium, and was going to send Shapeways an e-mail to see if that was going to be available any time soon. But I decided to search the forums first to see if I could find the answer. From what I could tell, Shapeways used to offer this (?) and there was a contest held to see who could design the best Titanium project (?)

Sooo ... DID Shapways once offer Titanium as an option? Where did it go? Or if I am wrong, will this option be coming to Shapeways soon?

And - the more important question to me - will Titanium printing allow for interlocking parts? I know Silver doesn't because it employs the lost wax process and that would be near impossible to do. But it looks like the Titanium process might allow for it and it is highly detailed as well.

Thanks
Re: Confused About Titanium [message #36931 is a reply to message #36927 ] Wed, 19 October 2011 03:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Bossmoss,

We are looking into the possibility of titanium, I am not sure if we could do interlocking parts but we would let you know as soon as we have more info.

Cheers

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways

Previous Topic:INVENTABLES.com looking for a Web Designer
Next Topic:Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back?