Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Work in progress » Question on Gaps for Silver
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Question on Gaps for Silver [message #36866] Tue, 18 October 2011 16:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
So I have a very detailed small jewelry model that probably can't be printed anyways, but I get rejections that the gap between the details are too small. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in the design rules?

index.php?t=getfile&id=11462&private=0

I have a really neat technique of filling in the grooves with my own enamel/resin blend so I'm curious what the limits are.

I thickened the details up quite a bit to be printable but I guess that leaves the gaps too small? Thanks for any help!

• Attachment: 193334-3.jpg
    (Size: 37.53KB, Downloaded 218 time(s))

Re: Question on Gaps for Silver [message #36872 is a reply to message #36866 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 17:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The closest thing I see is that the distance between holes must be .6mm. I'm guessing this may be the number, but I'll see if I can't get you an official answer.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Question on Gaps for Silver [message #36878 is a reply to message #36866 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 17:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks, YouKnowWho! I thought someone might have run into this before...

From an earlier rejection note, I think it's a problem with cleaning, not printing?

The silver Inca pendant I saw in the arrived forum section had some very small details and grooves.

Maybe my details are too deep? I figure I should sort out what I'm doing wrong before I keep tormenting whoever rejects models. Razz
Re: Question on Gaps for Silver [message #36882 is a reply to message #36866 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 17:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ah maybe it has to do with the gap being smaller than the depth. It should be at least 1:1 if not wider than it is deep.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Question on Gaps for Silver [message #36893 is a reply to message #36866 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 18:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Ah, the 1:1 issue. Ok, so if my details were raised 1.5 mm, the gaps between details would also need to be 1.5mm?
Re: Question on Gaps for Silver [message #36899 is a reply to message #36866 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 18:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
exactly

Re: Question on Gaps for Silver [message #36904 is a reply to message #36866 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 19:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks YouKnowWho!!!! Glad there's always a shapie to answer my idiotic questions.
Re: Question on Gaps for Silver [message #36905 is a reply to message #36866 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 19:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Just don't ask service how many times they've had to remind me about that rule Razz

Re: Question on Gaps for Silver [message #37121 is a reply to message #36905 ] Fri, 21 October 2011 15:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar erckgillis  is currently offline erckgillis
Go to my shop
oooo good to know.... Embarassed

Ed
ERCK Store

Previous Topic:How to upload full color 3d printing from 3ds max
Next Topic:MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.