Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Artistic 3D modeler wanted.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Artistic 3D modeler wanted. [message #34126] Mon, 12 September 2011 00:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar Netrunner  is currently offline Netrunner
Go to all my models
Hi!

I try to create a personal gift to a friend. It should look like something like this (but I'm not sure that it will be a bracelet):

http://forumbilder.se/images/a22201110519A19df.jpg

Maybe it will be a belt buckle with 3D engraving or maybe something to his bike. Like this:

http://forumbilder.se/images/b32201121023A93e2.jpg

Anyway, I need help to vectorize his coat of arms. The file format should be any program that's free or open source so that I can continue with my own design..

There is artistic needs:

1st The artist who painted the original was not sober. The shield frame (only) is not completely straight. Fortunately, the shield both sides are mirror images of each other. Just do one half and mirror it to the other.

2nd Motif is very simple: a bull's head (which unfortunately looks more like a lazy cow). It needs to look more like a bull. Or at least less "lazy cow".

The design can be greatly simplified (the helmet visor need to match the original).
2D design need to be clean, not cluttered.
3D design for engraving, will need to have smooth curves, not cluttered.

Contact me and I will send photos by e-mail. The image I have is partially obscured (only slightly) on the left side but as I said, it is a mirror image of the right side.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2011 00:11 UTC]

Re: Artistic 3D modeler wanted. [message #36809 is a reply to message #34126 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 00:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar HenryAlfredo  is currently offline HenryAlfredo
Go to my shop
try inkscape and blender. watch youtube tutorials

Previous Topic:Lego helmet modeler needed
Next Topic:Custom Game Pawn and Token

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.