Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Double Head from photos of two people, as realistic as possible
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Double Head from photos of two people, as realistic as possible [message #36104] Fri, 07 October 2011 05:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar dcaudio  is currently offline dcaudio
Go to all my models
Howdy,

I want to give a present to two friends of mine who hosted me over the summer in Washington, DC. I have an idea to make a bust-like sculpture of their two busts and put it on top of a keg handle (because they have a keg-r-ator). I think I will just put some velcro on the bottom of their busts and attach it to the keg handle myself. I just need a realistic looking bust of the two of them. I have tried to figure out Blender and to do this myself but I can't seem to get that going. So, I would like to discuss what you think is possible. My idea is to have their two heads joined together at the back-- kinda growing out of each other. But, if anyone has an idea that you feel like will work I would love to hear it. The only criterion is that it look (reasonably) like the photos that I will provide of their faces. Ideas? Costs?

Cheerio,
Ryan
Re: Double Head from photos of two people, as realistic as possible [message #36482 is a reply to message #36104 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 09:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar maketshi  is currently offline maketshi
Go to my shop
Sculpting two photorealistic heads would be quite a lot of work, which I suspect would cost more than you're willing to pay.

You might want to have a look at this site:

http://my3dscanner.com/

With that, you could take a bunch of pictures of them, and get realistic models of their heads. From there, it would be fairly easy.
Re: Double Head from photos of two people, as realistic as possible [message #36713 is a reply to message #36482 ] Sat, 15 October 2011 15:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Did you consider Archipelis?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Double Head from photos of two people, as realistic as possible [message #36715 is a reply to message #36104 ] Sat, 15 October 2011 16:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Repliqua 3D  is currently offline Repliqua 3D
Go to all my models
Hi, That's something I've done and my purpose is to do it every day for every people.
Heads for jewelry consist in a fine job helped by photos or scans and the result I've obtained looks very great if it is reconstructed with my own cn milling machine or issued of a 3D printer.
Let's have a look at this joigned example but two or better three ( face, profile, 3/4 ) photo's are required.
I'm using a graphic tablet and 3D modeling tools to sculpt it; nothing to do with all those " miraculous all in one softwares ".
My own head and the transposition in a bust ( 3.5 inches ) stealed into PU resin.
See you later.
http://repliqua3d.fr
index.php?t=getfile&id=11433&private=0

http://repliqua3d.fr

Previous Topic:Any Good 3d Converter Software?
Next Topic:Comic Book Geek needs Modeling Geek

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.