Home » Community » Work in progress » V-Heart Cookie Cutter
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36487] Wed, 12 October 2011 10:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar veganerdism  is currently offline veganerdism
Go to my shop
Hi
I hope you can help me. This is my first 3D-project and I'm having some difficulties.
I'm using Cinema 4D R.13 and Illustrator. I know my Adobe Creative Suit pretty well and tried to understand C4D, too. More or less.

I'm working on a cookie cutter. I have the model now a I want it to be. Now I have some problems/questions:

1. In the shapeways tutorial for C4D it says:
Quote:

7. Make your geometry a single object, the Objects>Modeling>Connect Object
8.Drag the elements you want to connect into Connect Object icon using the Object window to the right of the screen.

I'm not sure if I did this correctly.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/marlies01/Tree.jpg

2. I don't know how to resize it properly so that it will be approximately 7x7 cm

3. What is the minimum wall thickness I should use for a cookie cutter if I produce it in "White, Strong & Flexible?"

I attached my C4D-file and would be really glad if someone could find the time and have a look at what I did. Thank you all!

edit: I figured it out all by myself Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 19:57 UTC]

Re: V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36488 is a reply to message #36487 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 10:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
One question solved:
Quote:

Minimum wall thickness

Strong & Flexible materials = 0.7 mm. We do however advise to use at least 1 or 2 mm, depending on the size of the area
Grey Robust + White, Transparent & Black detail = 1mm
Alumide = 1.5mm
Stainless Steel + Full Color Sandstone + Glass = 3 mm

Re: V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36490 is a reply to message #36488 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 11:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
If I try to upload it, I get the error message:
Quote:

Unfortunately, we were not able to process and thus print
your product. The error message was:
empty output
Re: V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36497 is a reply to message #36490 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 12:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I started over again and made a whole new version with the right sizes. I'm completely satisfied with how it looks and would want to produce it as it is.
But I'm nearly crying because I just can't get it to "connect to one object." Everything I tried turned out a complete mess. Party were missing or deformed.
I tried every video tutorial I could find and now I'm close to giving up.
Could you help me please?

The new version is attached.

edit: I figured it out all by myself Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 19:56 UTC]

Re: V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36508 is a reply to message #36488 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 14:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Where does it still say sandstone is 3mm?

Edit: OK, found it. The chart with all materials says 3mm, the sandstone page says 2mm. *sigh*

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 14:44 UTC]

Previous Topic:Flexed Text Ring
Next Topic:want to print in glass but can't!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.