Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Cart Prices
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Cart Prices [message #36229] Sun, 09 October 2011 02:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar Arved  is currently offline Arved
Go to all my models
There seems to be a problem with the cart prices. For instance, this part show as being $3.13, but when added to my cart, the price becomes $6.76. What's going on here?

Thank you,
- Arved
Re: Cart Prices [message #36232 is a reply to message #36229 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 03:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith is currently online stonysmith
Go to my shop
There is something amiss here.. the model is added to your cart as FUD, but that material is not currently availble for this model. It may be that the model originally had FUD as the default material, but it was then set as "not available" in FUD.

This could be that it failed to print properly in FUD. The shop owner can fix this, but it is a bit of a programming bug.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Cart Prices [message #36242 is a reply to message #36232 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 12:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Mhh... "Dimensions: 0.7 w x 0.4 d x 0.0 h (in)" ?

/edit
Nevermind... Embarassed

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2011 13:53 UTC]

Re: Cart Prices [message #36270 is a reply to message #36242 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 20:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
pfeiffer stylez wrote on Sun, 09 October 2011 12:31

Mhh... "Dimensions: 0.7 w x 0.4 d x 0.0 h (in)" ?

/edit
Nevermind... Embarassed

Dimensions in the invoice were 1.9x0.9x0.1 cm.

If it's not FUD, what will the material be? Invoice says FUD. Production schedule says FUD is behind but catching up.

I didn't see an option for material. I think that's up to the guy who put the part up for sale.

I'm new here, and not up on all the ins and outs.

- Arved
Re: Cart Prices [message #36271 is a reply to message #36270 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 21:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
At present there is no other material option as "White, Strong & Flexible" for this model.
Otherwise there would be a little black triangle next to the selected material, and a mouse-click on the material would open a dropdown menue with other materials.

index.php?t=getfile&id=11364&private=0

It's up to the designer to choose the allowed materials. I think you should contact the designer, and ask him what's about enable FUD (or at least "White Detail") for this model.

(But be warned that, due to the startup fee, the model will be about $4 more expensive in FUD).

• Attachment: L3.png
    (Size: 12.47KB, Downloaded 123 time(s))

Re: Cart Prices [message #36290 is a reply to message #36270 ] Mon, 10 October 2011 00:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Well, then there really is a problem with the cart and the entire ordering process. While the material listed in the catalog is "White Strong and Flexible," my invoice states "Frosted Ultra Detail" (FUD).

I'm not impressed.

The designer and shop is listed as MP Scale models, with a link showing that this is Marshall Peterson. However, there's no link to take me any further to contact Mr. Peterson.

I'll see what I get. Promised delivery is:

"Your order will be delivered on or before October, 21st "

so I'm not going to stir the pot with Mr. Peterson unless I'm unsatisfied with the product. I'm just trying to point out that there was an inaccuracy between the advertised and cart prices of the product offered, and now, between the material promised and the material described on the invoice.

In some circles, offering the part for one price, and then charging another, higher price, might be considered "bait and switch." I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, that there's an honest problem that Shapeways can fix here.

Respectfully,
- Arved
Re: Cart Prices [message #36492 is a reply to message #36290 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 11:15 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
Wow that is interesting. adding to my cart gives the same problem as you report. Contact customer service I am sure they will refund the difference from the advertised price since it was there error.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 11:17 UTC]

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/

Previous Topic:reorder the keywords, in the new shop layout
Next Topic:Where can I find ship models?