Home » Support » 3D Design » Another non-manifold question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Another non-manifold question [message #3632] Mon, 30 March 2009 05:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar DavTk  is currently offline DavTk
Go to all my models
Hi. I'm trying to upload a file created in Sketch Up, then saved in Meshlab, but I keep getting the Non-Manifold error. I have saved it in .stl and .dae extensions.

Now I know there are lots of questions regarding this same topic, I have gone through all of them and as far as I know I have done all recommended. But I keep getting it. The error may be there, but I just don't get it. Could I get someone's advice so I can keep uploading? Very Happy Thanks!

Re: Another non-manifold question [message #3633 is a reply to message #3632 ] Mon, 30 March 2009 05:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DavTk  is currently offline DavTk
Go to all my models
This is the screen picture I took when working with Meshlab, look how at the left down corner it says "Mesh is two-manifold. " Confused

• Attachment: Picture 1.png
    (Size: 160.45KB, Downloaded 116 time(s))

Re: Another non-manifold question [message #3634 is a reply to message #3632 ] Mon, 30 March 2009 06:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jdavidbush  is currently offline jdavidbush
Go to all my models
DavTk,

I was able to upload this .stl with no problems.

I don't know what I did that you didn't do. All I did was:

1) Export the model from SketchUp in .dae format.
2) Open the .dae in Meshlab
3) Save the model as an .obj
4) Close Meshlab
5) Open the .obj in Meshlab
[Check for non-manifold]
6) Save the model as an .stl
7) Upload to Shapeways

I don't know if saving as an .obj helped. I do know, however, that saving as an .obj triangulates the model. *shrug*

(Also, I uploaded the model with dimensions in mm and the model was going to cost $0.08. Either those weren't the right dimensions or there was some scaling problem introduced in the process.)

-David

Previous Topic: I do not understand the message
Next Topic:I need help to correct these two files