Home » Community » It arrived! » Skulls and eternal life in silver
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Skulls and eternal life in silver [message #36218] Sat, 08 October 2011 18:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar ao2design  is currently offline ao2design
Go to my shop
I'm stoked on silver! The level of detail is great and the polishing only missed a couple of hard to reach areas.

enjoy,
m

index.php?t=getfile&id=11343&private=0

Re: Skulls and eternal life in silver [message #36226 is a reply to message #36218 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 00:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Great model, I love the detail on the interior!

I'm eagerly anticipating the first of my silver prints to arrive so it's fantastic to see the material looking so good.
Re: Skulls and eternal life in silver [message #36236 is a reply to message #36226 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 07:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Good job.
VirtualV

www.dotsan.com
Re: Skulls and eternal life in silver [message #36264 is a reply to message #36218 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 19:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=11358&private=0

Thanks for your comments.

On the left is the ring after a few hours in a ziploc with a hard boiled egg. The right shows polishing after a short bath of aluminum foil/baking soda/salt/hot water. The things we learn from the internet... The photo doesn't do it justice [iPhone4]. The eye sockets and the inside of the ankh are very dark giving the piece more contrast so the details pop. Also it changed the overall quality of the surface. It's hard to describe, it just looks much better.

I hope this information helps others with their creations.

Re: Skulls and eternal life in silver [message #36294 is a reply to message #36264 ] Mon, 10 October 2011 03:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
They look great,

I posted them on the blog

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1040-How-to-Post-Proc ess-Silver-3D-Prints.html

Are you going to offer them for sale?

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Skulls and eternal life in silver [message #36378 is a reply to message #36294 ] Mon, 10 October 2011 23:49 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I'd like to sell the ring, but go beyond just having different sizes. It would be cool to let the customer personalize their ring with an inscription/design element. But how much would people be willing to pay for the artistic freedom?

Previous Topic:Cellular Pendant in Silver and WSFP
Next Topic:Spring Ring in Silver

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.