Home »  » Introductions » Hello. Nooob Question on detailing in silver printing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello. Nooob Question on detailing in silver printing [message #35930] Wed, 05 October 2011 14:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar finlas  is currently offline finlas
Go to all my models
Hi,

Just a hello from here in ireland... I have a plan for a ear ring design using the royalty free hummingbird 3d studio max design available at turbosquid.com

basics of the model are: polygons: 2,294, vertices: 1,322

I'd like this to be as small as, er, small ear rings. Do you think this is possible in silver printing?

Also, would like my design have to include the earing loop bit : can I just submit the humming bird 3ds object and assume that you will add in a loop for the ear piece? ( I'm guessing the answer to be "no" here... )

Many thanks!

( By the way found shapeways via the BBC worldservice's "Click" piece on Oct 4th )

Regards from Donegal
Re: Hello. Nooob Question on detailing in silver printing [message #36173 is a reply to message #35930 ] Fri, 07 October 2011 19:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi finlas, welcome!

In my experience at Shapeways, we can get some pretty great detail on Silver. However, there are always exceptions.

I would recommend posting your 3D file in the Work in progress section of the forum and asking this same question. Then you'll not only be able to receive advice from me or my team, but there's a whole crowd of helpful folks doing the same thing, and they're often willing to provide input.

Hope you enjoy hanging out here. Smile

Ana

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Miniatures Creator
Next Topic:Hi forumers!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.