Home » Community » General Discussion » Search in gallery not really working?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Search in gallery not really working? [message #36043] Thu, 06 October 2011 14:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar Callamon  is currently offline Callamon
Go to my shop
I discovered a strange problem in the search in the gallery.

I have several items saved in my favorites, and those are all still available. When I go to my favorites and then to the item, clicking on the "add to cart" button everything is fine.

BUT when I try to find those items in the gallery search nothing is being found. It does not matter if I use the complete item name or parts of it.

I wonder if dozens of cool items are waiting out there and can't be found?

If you like to test it try a search for "Tron". There should be a lightcycle as well as several versions of the "Bit", but the search says "0 items found".

Is there something I do wrong while searching, or is this a known problem, a software bug??
Re: Search in gallery not really working? [message #36048 is a reply to message #36043 ] Thu, 06 October 2011 15:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Where are you searching from? I searched from the home page and got this http://www.shapeways.com/gallery?mg%5Bsearch%5D%5Bcategories %5D=&mg%5Bsearch%5D%5Btext%5D=tron

I then searched again from this page and retrieved the same results

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Search in gallery not really working? [message #36051 is a reply to message #36048 ] Thu, 06 October 2011 15:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Callamon  is currently offline Callamon
Go to my shop
Ahhhh, got it - there was "newest" chosen from the drop down menue, and so all those itmes didn't show up. When "price" or "upload date" is chosen it works.

Stupid me... Embarassed

Previous Topic:Failures and cost of re-ordering
Next Topic:colouring 3d models for free

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.