Home » Support » Bug Reporting » new model page
Search Search  
 () 3 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: new model page [message #35397 is a reply to message #35395 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 14:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
virtox wrote on Thu, 29 September 2011 13:45

Reverting changes when the box looses focus is also not very usable behavior imho.

Agreed. There needs to be something between the two behaviours.

Best solution would be for the edit box to remain an edit box (not go back to presenting the text in final form) when it loses focus and only save changes and present the text when the 'OK' button is pressed.

I hope that makes sense, describing how something switches from being a text editing box to a rich HTML display of that text is hard to do.
Re: new model page [message #35416 is a reply to message #34326 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 16:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
Edit box is still very buggy. Random code appeared a couple of times: I've tried to delete when I caught but the autosave if not highlighted think as meant that I missed at least one; and now the page for this model

http://www.shapeways.com/model/308881/mg144_sv006a_t_150al_f ext_beam_grav_tank__2_.html?gid=ug

Has what appears to be web code or something, and I'm unable to edit the descripton anymore.
Re: new model page [message #35417 is a reply to message #35397 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 16:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Quote:

Best solution would be for the edit box to remain an edit box (not go back to presenting the text in final form) when it loses focus and only save changes and present the text when the 'OK' button is pressed.

Makes perfect sense to me, a highlight around the OK/save button when changes are made would be very helpful in such scenario.

@Aotrs Commander: Looks borked to me Smile Can you try to clear the description, save that blank description, hard reload the edit page and see if it's removed then. Worked for me when remnants of old descriptions were shown below the edit box.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 September 2011 16:22 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: new model page [message #35420 is a reply to message #35417 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 16:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Unfortunately, I no longer have the option to edit it. The edit function has completely vanished on my editing page!

It is, as they say, a bit FUBAR...

I thought it'd happened again on one of my other models, but that seems to have saved the text okay. But it's clearlt very temremental, and several orders of magnitide harder to work with than the old one. (And that actually had RTF as well.)
Re: new model page [message #35422 is a reply to message #35420 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 16:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Mouseover descritpion text pops the 'tooltip' "Click to edit", click & edit - does that work for you?

Re: new model page [message #35461 is a reply to message #35422 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 19:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Thu, 29 September 2011 16:54

Mouseover descritpion text pops the 'tooltip' "Click to edit", click & edit - does that work for you?

Sometimes, sometimes it only selects part of the description.
Re: new model page [message #35475 is a reply to message #35461 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 20:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I had the same using nested html tags for formatting.... does the description(s) in question use any html?

Re: new model page [message #35488 is a reply to message #34326 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 22:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bunrattypark  is currently offline Bunrattypark
Go to my shop
I have wasted another entire evening trying to upload new models, while trying to figure out the new layout, AND work around the bugs.

There really is too much happening all at once here, a new pricing structure, AND a buggy new web design, seemingly all rushed through in an ill thought out way. I hate to be critical, Shapeways customer service 'on the ground' is superb. But I have little time to give to the website, and I really cannot afford the time I am expending chasing my tail through numerous bugs and unclear processes.

Right now, I have to abandon my evening's efforts, as it seems now that the good old Product Inventory Management is not working either. Every time I try to update a markup, the price totals disappear, and the change does not save to the model page.

I give up. I'm off to bed. Please tell me this is all leading somewhere very definite and final, and you aren't throwing darts into the wind with all this.
Re: new model page [message #35489 is a reply to message #35422 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 23:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
> Mouseover descritpion text pops the 'tooltip' "Click to edit", click & edit - >does that work for you?

How about this? A button that says "Edit", and clicking that button is the only action that begins editing. Then a button that says "Save", and clicking that button is the only action that saves changes.

If you want to get cute, they can be the same button.

It's better not to build nonstandard, unsignaled behavior into the interface. Just use buttons like every other site does. It's OK. People get out their credit cards when they understand how a site works, and feel confident and familiar navigating in it. They do not do this when the design is so clever that they have to think how to do every task, and mouse over interface elements to find out what they are.

I'm sorry for the soapbox rant. This is actually true.

The only complicated, interesting, engaging, intriguing thing on this site should be the parts. The site design should be so simple and obvious that no one even notices it.

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
Re: new model page [message #35490 is a reply to message #35422 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 23:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Thu, 29 September 2011 16:54

Nope, there's no tooltip popup. It's completely screwed, I'm afraid.

I don't think it uses any html (at least, not to my knowledge, not different to any of the others. I did have to put in <BR><BR> to make it break the paragraphs on them all (because having a simple text field would have been too much like trouble, right....)

I think the random code that appears IS html code, but why it keeps cropping up everytime I deleted it is a good question.
Re: new model page [message #35551 is a reply to message #35488 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 21:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Quote:

There really is too much happening all at once here, a new pricing structure, AND a buggy new web design, seemingly all rushed

I must fully agree.

This time it's like trial and error. And it seems that designers are really hindered to work with this page.

Also doing pricing changes, csv .... and many other things.

Why not do that step by step:
- a new clear and easy buying interface (first tested by the designer comunity and then going live)
- an additional edit interface also first tested

both can be done without eliminating the old ones. Then the new interfaces can be set to default after test. All the designers can do their daily work without troubles, taking a look on the new design in the background.
And we all will see the major troubles when doing some work with one or two items.

That's one of the major rules in IT business. Never go live with new software for your major business processes without having some overlapping time with the old software.
Selling of items and managing (new) items by the designers are two of your most important processes. Aren't they?

Woody64

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 21:20 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #35558 is a reply to message #35489 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 21:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Bathsheba wrote on Thu, 29 September 2011 23:13

How about this? A button that says "Edit", and clicking that button is the only action that begins editing. Then a button that says "Save", and clicking that button is the only action that saves changes.

If you want to get cute, they can be the same button.

It's better not to build nonstandard, unsignaled behavior into the interface. Just use buttons like every other site does. It's OK. People get out their credit cards when they understand how a site works, and feel confident and familiar navigating in it. They do not do this when the design is so clever that they have to think how to do every task, and mouse over interface elements to find out what they are.

What they said. Please. No more mystery-meat UI designs.
Re: new model page [message #35648 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sun, 02 October 2011 07:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Serious bug on materials section (dont know if it was reported before)

- uncheck a material then recheck... you'll get a cost that you can only dream about.. i.e: a wrong $$$ value ...

- if you try to make it the default material , it disappears completely from the list.

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: new model page [message #35650 is a reply to message #35648 ] Sun, 02 October 2011 07:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
dizingof wrote on Sun, 02 October 2011 07:25

Serious bug on materials section (dont know if it was reported before)

A) - uncheck a material then recheck... you'll get a cost that you can only dream about.. i.e: a wrong $$$ value ...

B) - if you try to make it the default material , it disappears completely from the list.

For issue A) clicking 'Update Materials & Pricing' (to save the changes) results in the correct pricing being shown.

I couldn't make B) happen, I am using a 100mm cube as a test model... but what I think is happening is that the scale for issue A) is a factor of 10 out per axis, if a model is small to start with the pricing bug could make the model seem too small for a materials, thus the material disapears (if that makes sense?)... what size model were you using?

[eidt] I couldn't replicate B) at all Sad

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2011 07:53 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #35862 is a reply to message #35650 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 15:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
click on a model. Make sure edit is off. now click on change to let you set the model status. set model to for sale. click update. Now I can not use the back button to get back to the list of models.

Firefox - Windows 7

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: new model page [message #35863 is a reply to message #35862 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 15:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Does the model become private and for sale? If so, it is already noted item 1 [edit]3.

Re: new model page [message #35867 is a reply to message #35863 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 16:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
My bad. I should have known better then to assume shapeways would fix things before breaking more things.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: new model page [message #35869 is a reply to message #35867 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 17:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
mctrivia wrote on Tue, 04 October 2011 16:37

My bad. I should have known better then to assume shapeways would fix things before breaking more things.

Not quite sure how this reply helps... but thanks anyway {not) http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon13.gif
Re: new model page [message #35870 is a reply to message #35869 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 17:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Sorry. Just super annoyed with shapeways of late. The programming staff are inept. And keep making things live without testing thing and adding tones of bugs but are slow to actually fix them. Instead they make more changes that add even more bugs.

For example major sales issues like truncated edit box is likely only 1 line of code to fix but it does not get fixed.

Re: new model page [message #35871 is a reply to message #35870 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 18:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Oh no, that's not a new bug...it was in the initial 'new' model page update and was reported directly via Shapeways Live chat ~11 days ago... I do sympathise with you, but please can we keep things civilised and pro-active Smile

Cheers,
Paul
Re: new model page [message #35873 is a reply to message #35871 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 18:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I know it is not a new bug but is a huge bug that should have been fixed 11 days ago. Find where the page is truncated and remove it. What is taking so long?

Like look at this:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/349199/

It is nicely truncated to look like I finished but leaves out the entire table of sizes since this is not a real item.

Re: new model page [message #35876 is a reply to message #35873 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 18:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, anything new or anything fixed that I missed? - old news is not good news Wink

[edit] What do the sizes relate to on your model page?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2011 18:32 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #35877 is a reply to message #35876 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 18:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ring Size.

Re: new model page [message #35878 is a reply to message #35877 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 18:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
oh righto, might be an idea to have an explaination or link to conversion for those whose units of ring size measurement is something different to numbers Smile

Re: new model page [message #35879 is a reply to message #35878 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 18:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Good point I will write one up.

I do like that the new page layout allows HTML entry. Maybe I should see if I can add javascript. If so I could fix the problem myself.

Re: new model page [message #35881 is a reply to message #34395 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 19:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
bluelinegecko wrote on Sat, 01 October 2011 15:33

SERIOUS pricing error on Co-creators!!

Currently shapeways is listing the price on all my co-creator models by figuring the price on the uploaded model and NOT the MAXIMUM VOLUME I entered in the co-creator template. Many of my designs are showing up cheaper when you look at the model or my store front, and then jump to the correct price only after one clicks on the model to purchase it. Basically they are being advertised at a false lower price and this will surely confused and upset new shoppers.

This was posted to a different thread a few days ago. Despite getting a reply that they were working on the problem it still hasn't been fixed 3 days later. Thought posting it here might help actually get it fixed.
Re: new model page [message #35882 is a reply to message #35881 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 19:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
bluelinegecko wrote on Tue, 04 October 2011 19:10

bluelinegecko wrote on Sat, 01 October 2011 15:33

SERIOUS pricing error on Co-creators!!

Currently shapeways is listing the price on all my co-creator models by figuring the price on the uploaded model and NOT the MAXIMUM VOLUME I entered in the co-creator template. Many of my designs are showing up cheaper when you look at the model or my store front, and then jump to the correct price only after one clicks on the model to purchase it. Basically they are being advertised at a false lower price and this will surely confused and upset new shoppers.

This was posted to a different thread a few days ago. Despite getting a reply that they were working on the problem it still hasn't been fixed 3 days later. Thought posting it here might help actually get it fixed.

A few questions before I add this issue to 'the list'
a) Are you logged in when you view the co-creator model?
b) Are you in a EU country (when logged in) when viewing the co-creator page?
c) Is the price in USD or Euros (or both at different times)? - for me in the UK, the model page shows Euros, but going to the 'personalise' page shows USD.
d) What is the model?

Re: new model page [message #35883 is a reply to message #35879 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 19:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
mctrivia wrote on Tue, 04 October 2011 18:51

I do like that the new page layout allows HTML entry. Maybe I should see if I can add javascript. If so I could fix the problem myself.
It allows HTML, but it seems to get rid of <script> blocks and add leading empty lines constantly (hmmmmm... like the zip files...) as well as go out of edit mode when you change windows.
Re: new model page [message #35884 is a reply to message #35882 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 19:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
A. Nope, not logged in when I view this. Using a different browser to check changes as customer sees them.

B. In the US.

C. Price mistake showing as dollars.But just checked and euros showing the same issue.

D. ANY co-creator I've clicked on seems to show this.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bluelinegecko?section=Pet+Tag s

Watch for the price jump when you hit button to personalize the item.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/235732/sheriffs_star__6_point __pet_tag___pendant__key_fob.html?gid=sg71149
Re: new model page [message #35885 is a reply to message #35883 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 19:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stannum wrote on Tue, 04 October 2011 19:24

mctrivia wrote on Tue, 04 October 2011 18:51

It allows HTML, but it seems to get rid of <script> blocks and add leading empty lines constantly (hmmmmm... like the zip files...) as well as go out of edit mode when you change windows.

It did work for a little bit. Seems like someone fixed that loop hole though. Sad There are so many cool things I could do with javascript. Though there are so many bad things others could do that I am surprised it worked at all.

Re: new model page [message #35886 is a reply to message #35884 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 19:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
bluelinegecko wrote on Tue, 04 October 2011 19:25

A. Nope, not logged in when I view this. Using a different browser to check changes as customer sees them.

B. In the US.

C. Price mistake showing as dollars.But just checked and euros showing the same issue.

D. ANY co-creator I've clicked on seems to show this.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bluelinegecko?section=Pet+Tag s

Watch for the price jump when you hit button to personalize the item.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/235732/sheriffs_star__6_point __pet_tag___pendant__key_fob.html?gid=sg71149

I get these figures -
IE 8.0 logged in (as UK & Euro) - model page = €28.47 - personalise = €29.47, ($37.94 & $39.27) <- this includes 19% VAT
Firefox - not logged in, (as USA & $) - stainless steel (model page) = $31.88, personalise page = $33.00

Are you seeing the same sort of numbers?

@mctrivia - yes, there were some people exploiting script inclusions, so that 'feature' got removed.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2011 19:51 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #35887 is a reply to message #35886 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 20:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yep, exactly what I am seeing.

Re: new model page [message #35889 is a reply to message #35887 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 22:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Added, #51 - pricing different on model and co-create pages. ( I used one of Nancy's models as the example Wink)

Re: new model page [message #35914 is a reply to message #35889 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 09:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
the random price generator (3rd report)

index.php?t=getfile&id=11271&private=0

Re: new model page [message #35915 is a reply to message #35914 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 09:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yep, already noted on the list on page 1 as item #51
Re: new model page [message #35916 is a reply to message #35915 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 10:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Wed, 05 October 2011 09:56

yep, already noted on the list on page 1 as item #51

Sorry, but no. See purple rectangles
Re: new model page [message #35917 is a reply to message #35916 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 10:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, different prices on model and co-creator pages... check a different co-creator - the materials selector works ok on other co-creator pages, but not Nancy's for some reason.

Re: new model page [message #35918 is a reply to message #34326 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 10:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
I think he means that the material selector jumps back to WSF while Grey robust was selected.
I had noticed that on other co-creators as well.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: new model page [message #35920 is a reply to message #35918 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 10:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ok, got it and found out why Smile

When heading to the personalise page, the material selector automatically reverts back to the material that's set as the default, not the material that was selected on the model page.

Will add as #52

Perhaps a good reason for the default material setting to be an option, or removed from co-creator models?

Re: new model page [message #35925 is a reply to message #35920 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 13:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Go to my shop
I see 8 is suposedly fixed. How do I add stuff to shop categories. Can't find it.

Pages (8): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »] 

Previous Topic:How to add my own price
Next Topic:huh... connect to www.nyc.shapeways.net

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.