Home » Community » It arrived! » Help - Did I pick the wrong color?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Help - Did I pick the wrong color? [message #35744] Mon, 03 October 2011 04:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ikariya  is currently offline Ikariya
Go to my shop
I got my items and the parts I ordered in Dark Grey Flexible turned out a bit of a purplish color. I was hoping for something between black and white. Did I order the wrong color or was my item dyed in Indigo by mistake? I can't tell since I haven't ordered anything in Indigo, but I have attached a picture with the part (in hasbro grey plastic) I was using shapeways to replace just in case.
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1900/dsc01151i.jpg
Re: Help - Did I pick the wrong color? [message #35754 is a reply to message #35744 ] Mon, 03 October 2011 05:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Black seems to have that tint too. Some people have found other dyes that have a more neutral black or just paint it instead, but those are not avaliable from SW. As bonus, you can use a glossy product, getting a more matching surface, and sealing the pores.
Re: Help - Did I pick the wrong color? [message #35774 is a reply to message #35744 ] Mon, 03 October 2011 13:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I'm guessing they were dyed wrong (or ordered wrong, but I can't see your orders) I've forwarded on to someone who can help more.

They can help even more if you supply the order number. You can still go back in your order history and see exactly what you ordered (to see if it was a user error)

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Help - Did I pick the wrong color? [message #35809 is a reply to message #35774 ] Mon, 03 October 2011 19:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ikariya  is currently offline Ikariya
Go to my shop
Hi, my order number was 63626 Thank you~
Re: Help - Did I pick the wrong color? [message #35851 is a reply to message #35809 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 13:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristelH  is currently offline ChristelH
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi,

I have just sent you an email about this for some extra information.

Kindly,
Christel Hagens
Customer Service Agent
www.shapeways.com

Best, Christel Maurmair Customer Service Agent Shapeways
Re: Help - Did I pick the wrong color? [message #37171 is a reply to message #35851 ] Sat, 22 October 2011 14:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar electrobloom  is currently offline electrobloom
Go to my shop
Hi,
I've had similar problems with the consistency of the Dark Grey Strong and Flexible, The pic bellow shows some of the variation, I have had even lighter versions!
index.php?t=getfile&id=11544&private=0
Would be useful to know how Shapeways manage colour consistency and if we should be adding a note into the shop description to explain to customers that the colour shown is a guide and to expect slight variations?

A good thing is that the colour variation between the red and Indigo isn't as noticeable.

Mark

The Digital Gardener. Balancing technology and nature. Planting digital flowers. Manufactured by 3D printing. Customized by you.
Re: Help - Did I pick the wrong color? [message #37342 is a reply to message #35744 ] Tue, 25 October 2011 20:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
i've had similar experience w/ the grey and never order it anymore. Both the grey and black dyes are based in purple.

I've been waiting for shapeways to come out with a new color palette, I never liked the current selection.

I would agree w/ Mark that there should be some standard color chip to test off of to improve consistency.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign

Previous Topic:Customers Ring
Next Topic:My First Silver Print

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.