Home » Community » General Discussion » Why is SW promoting non-printed parts on Tumblr?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Why is SW promoting non-printed parts on Tumblr? [message #35517] Fri, 30 September 2011 15:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Why is Shapeways promoting models on TUMBLR.com where the store owner hasn't even had the models printed and can only show digital renders of same?!!

Jeez, there are so many terriffic makers here on SW who could use some free advertising and you choose to advertise not only unprinted models, but now, realising his/her mistake in the design rules the owner has had to "mostly close" the shop !!

How does SW choose whose models to promote? Do we have to kiss *** and say "Pick me, pick me!" ?

We store owners have to go to considerable cost to have our models printed in order to show the photo on said model page and here you are now willy-nilly promoting rendered models!

If that's the case let's have at it and I'll start uploading nice-looking renders of my own stuff and to hell with having to pay to have them printed or even worry if they can be printed !!!!

Muchly annoyed...
Glenn

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 15:16 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Why is SW promoting non-printed parts on Tumblr? [message #35521 is a reply to message #35517 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 15:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Well Glen there is the "feature this" section, also some items are found through the "it arrived" section. So no kissing of any sort is required. If you can give an example of what you saw, then maybe someone could give you a reason as to why it was promoted.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Why is SW promoting non-printed parts on Tumblr? [message #35522 is a reply to message #35521 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 15:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I don't want to embarass the store owner in this forum. I'll send you a PM.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Why is SW promoting non-printed parts on Tumblr? [message #35539 is a reply to message #35522 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 17:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Would you send me one too?

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:stainless steel.
Next Topic:Turbocad curve approximation

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.