Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Detail finishing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Detail finishing [message #3526] Thu, 26 March 2009 10:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to all my models
I've just got some black and white detail parts. There seems to be a slightly sticky film on some areas of the parts, particularly in corners and holes. I presume that this is a residue from the support material. I can remove the film from more accessible ares with a glass brush, but is there anything I can use that will dissolve this stuff out of small holes and crevices?

Bill Bedford
Re: Detail finishing [message #3527 is a reply to message #3526 ] Thu, 26 March 2009 11:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
oops, answered wrong question here, nevermind Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 26 March 2009 11:16 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Detail finishing [message #3544 is a reply to message #3527 ] Thu, 26 March 2009 21:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Bill,

I do not know how small the holes and crevices are, but you can try to use a toothbrush or something similar. Using lots of water during the cleaning will help.

Best regards,

Robert
Re: Detail finishing [message #3550 is a reply to message #3544 ] Fri, 27 March 2009 03:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
I use a nail brush - the thing you clean your nails with. Lee Valley Tools has a great plastic nailbrush, that I always use to clean the detail materials. Use plenty of water and the support material will come out easily.

-Whystler

[Updated on: Fri, 27 March 2009 03:50 UTC]

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/

Next Topic:White Strong & Flexible