Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Best material for camera body?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Best material for camera body? [message #3523] Thu, 26 March 2009 04:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar bensyverson  is currently offline bensyverson
Go to all my models
Hi all,

I have a model for a camera body I'm building, and I'm wondering what the best material would be. It's basically a cone, with openings at the top and bottom. The dimensions are about 12W x 13L x 10H cm, and the walls are about 2 or 3mm thick, though I can increase that if necessary. I've attached a picture of the general shape.

My main concern is making sure the distance between the lens mount and the film plane in my model is reproduced as cleanly as possible. So the resolution is important, but it should also be a smooth surface. Finally, rigidity is a concern, as I don't want the camera to have any "give."

Thanks for your advice!

- ben

index.php?t=getfile&id=385&private=0

Re: Best material for camera body? [message #3543 is a reply to message #3523 ] Thu, 26 March 2009 21:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Ben,

I would recommend to use one of the Detail materials. It does not have any give and has a good dimensional accuracy.

Best regards,

Robert

Previous Topic:inconsistent printing?
Next Topic:Void thickness

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.