Home » Community » General Discussion » doing business with shapeways
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
doing business with shapeways [message #35348] Wed, 28 September 2011 18:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar designerica  is currently offline designerica
Go to my shop
So i've been using shapeways for over a year. most of what i sell isn't through shapeways, but instead i order it to my place and then re-distribute it from here. i sell on etsy, shapeways, ponoko, and through retailers.

i did a big online sale and sold over 400 items. i placed multiple orders with shapeways, the largest was close to 1500, but the total was more than 3000.

that largest order is now 2 days late. this wouldn't be such a big deal, except that today i received 4 orders from shapeways that i placed later. one of those orders contained gold-plated items and actually arrived almost a week early and were ordered days after the missing order.

i asked about this big order on the day it was supposed to arrive, and was assured by joost that it was on its way and given a tracking number. WELL... that tracking number was for the wrong order. it was for one i received today.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? Am i the only person re-thinking whether this whole shapeways thing works?

I really think shapeways needs to separate their retail business from their wholesale business. i cannot continue to do business with a company that cannot get its act together. i don't think that i'm asking too much for my large and important orders to arrive on time, or for me to at least receive accurate information about them.

shapeways, you have ruined my day, probably my week, and possibly my business.

www.designerica.com
Re: doing business with shapeways [message #35349 is a reply to message #35348 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 18:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Erica,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'll poke some people to see what's going on. Can you share the order number? May even help to have a break down of which order numbers you have and have not received. You have my email (just in case, it is in my signature) if you need anything else.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: doing business with shapeways [message #35362 is a reply to message #35349 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 21:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Erica, just followed up with you in email, and have pinged all of the appropriate people on our CS team. I'm sorry about this trouble this is causing you. You'll be hearing more from us soon.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:payment by invoice
Next Topic:How It's Made: 3D Printing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.