Home » Community » General Discussion » It Prints then it Won't
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
It Prints then it Won't [message #34738] Tue, 20 September 2011 23:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar Asphalt  is currently offline Asphalt
Go to my shop
I just got a notice that one of the items I sold from my store was rejected. The thing is I have printed it and it came out perfectly. I printed it in transparent detail, the customer ordered it in Black detail. Does this happen a lot?
Re: It Prints then it Won't [message #34740 is a reply to message #34738 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 23:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Yes
Re: It Prints then it Won't [message #34741 is a reply to message #34740 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 23:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Asphalt  is currently offline Asphalt
Go to my shop
Right and too the point. Thanks. Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2011 23:57 UTC]

Re: It Prints then it Won't [message #34760 is a reply to message #34738 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 05:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
Yep. A quick email to customer support usually sorts this out for me though.
Re: It Prints then it Won't [message #35155 is a reply to message #34738 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 17:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes to the first question and no, emails didn't help me in my situation. It was simply "explained" to me that I got lucky and that changes in production, blah, blah, blah, meant that it couldn't be printed again.

That was fine if I was ordering the item but if a customer ordered it I was NOT happy!

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: It Prints then it Won't [message #35160 is a reply to message #34738 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 17:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
To a large extent this is one of the things that's been driving me to rely less on direct customer sales from my Shapeways shop and more down the "I buy it myself" and resell it later direction.

Tom
Re: It Prints then it Won't [message #35171 is a reply to message #34738 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 18:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
And don't forget the twist...

Your model was successfully printed fives time and delivered to the customers as well as myself, but then subsequently reported as unprintable (it happened with WSF as the only availalbe material)... the reason, a bit of powder binding up the rings in a chain maille piece Rolling Eyes

Re: It Prints then it Won't [message #35204 is a reply to message #34738 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 22:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@Tom, yes, that's more what I'm leaning toward as well, but my Shapeways store still makes more sales than I do outside it...

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: It Prints then it Won't [message #35209 is a reply to message #34738 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 22:50 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
For me it's gone the other way, Shapeways stores sales have gone badly down since the beginning of summer. Things I think have contributed to this are many models being rejected as well as reports on the model railroading forums of poor finish on FUD items.

This one Ebay item has made me more this month than my markup fees http://www.ebay.com/itm/120774968568

To me, having so many models rejected not only frustrates our potential customers but also make us look like rank amateurs.

Previous Topic:quick question, how many polys total?
Next Topic:Mass Markup Tool Question

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.