Home » Community » General Discussion » Shipping charges on $26.50 order
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shipping charges on $26.50 order [message #35123] Mon, 26 September 2011 15:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar braingram  is currently offline braingram
Go to all my models
I recently placed an order which totaled $26.50 and just heard from UPS that they want $158.82 in shipping. I live in the Boston area and did not expect to be charged for shipping (as per the FAQ).

How do I go about challenging this charge? If I don't pay the shipping will I just be out the $26.50? Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so, wtf?

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2011 15:31 UTC]

Re: Shipping charges on $26.50 order [message #35128 is a reply to message #35123 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 15:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Shocked I haven't heard of any odd charges in the US, especially not that outrageous. I'd contact support to see what could be going on.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Shipping charges on $26.50 order [message #35146 is a reply to message #35123 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 17:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
No, something VERY wrong there. I hate UPS but even I don't think they are THAT much into robbery Shocked

To answer the second part of your question: *IF* that charge is correct then, yes, refusing delivery means you won't have to pay (I've seen messages here to that effect).

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Shipping charges on $26.50 order [message #36134 is a reply to message #35146 ] Fri, 07 October 2011 13:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar braingram  is currently offline braingram
Go to all my models
I wanted to update this post with what happened. After several emails to Shapeways support I was never provided with a tracking number to place the package on hold. So, UPS attempted delivery 3 times (requesting the shipping charges each time), and then returned the package to the Shapeways NY office. Shapeways then re-shipped the package to me and I received the order without having to pay the ludicrous shipping charges.

Overall Shapeways support was helpful, but I was frustrated that I was not given a tracking number, or told that the package was returned to Shapeways NY until AFTER I received the package.
Re: Shipping charges on $26.50 order [message #36148 is a reply to message #35123 ] Fri, 07 October 2011 15:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
And how was it re-shipped - via UPS again? If so, I wonder why you didn't have to pay any fees?

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Shipping charges on $26.50 order [message #36202 is a reply to message #36148 ] Sat, 08 October 2011 14:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
because he lives in the us and they shipped from the US.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Shipping charges on $26.50 order [message #36224 is a reply to message #36202 ] Sat, 08 October 2011 23:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
i wonder why they wanted money in the first place if it was US to US.

I had to pay UPS only one time, but that was on a large order that was shipped from over seas, a while ago.

www.Custom3dStuff.com

Previous Topic:Discount on Dice
Next Topic:How to order your own stuff