Home » Community » It arrived! » Lion Skull Ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Lion Skull Ring [message #35032] Sat, 24 September 2011 05:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar Braddock  is currently offline Braddock
Go to my shop
Arrived this week in polished silver.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/319276/lion_skull_ring.html?g id=ug

Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35055 is a reply to message #35032 ] Sun, 25 September 2011 00:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Datto  is currently offline Datto
Go to my shop
Very nice! is shapeways even doing silver anymore?
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35059 is a reply to message #35055 ] Sun, 25 September 2011 03:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Cheers!

Yeah, I think so... only reason I'm using them.
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35060 is a reply to message #35059 ] Sun, 25 September 2011 06:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Woah !!! Nice

I can see a Halloween special coming on

Duann Scott,
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35263 is a reply to message #35032 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 17:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Very nice, but I would hate to get anything heavy coming down on my finger while wearing that Very Happy

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35273 is a reply to message #35263 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 19:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
@lensman yah I hear you there Razz

Braddock, major coolness! I'm loving the detail I've been seeing in Silver lately.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35290 is a reply to message #35273 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 03:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
Great piece!

It looks like I can see the printing lines in it though.

Can you see them in person?

If so, I wonder how SW can call it polished if you can still see the lines of resolution from printing.

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35292 is a reply to message #35290 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 03:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks guys, the teeth are high enough above your finger to not cause any injuries Smile

The print lines are a little harder to see in person, I'm going to upload a turntable video soon.

I'm also having another one wax printed and cast here in Sydney, so I can compare. Shapeways unit price for mulitple copies is far too high, so looking for alternatives.

icon14.gif  Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35442 is a reply to message #35292 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jewelry  Lab  is currently offline Jewelry Lab
Go to my shop
very nice model, can you tell me how much it cost you to print in silver?

Walter White
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35444 is a reply to message #35442 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 18:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar roofoo  is currently offline roofoo
Go to my shop
@Alfredo: if he told you that, then you could figure out his markup. Razz

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35454 is a reply to message #35444 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 19:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jewelry  Lab  is currently offline Jewelry Lab
Go to my shop
that's true, as I print on solidscape and perfactory all the time, this print would cost me around $100 plus silver cast another $40, I was just wondering if here it's more or less Shocked

Walter White
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35455 is a reply to message #35032 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 19:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Here the starting price right now is $40 minumum for up to the first cc of silver, $50 for polished $20 per cc after that. Starting Oct. 1 it will be $30 handling fee + $20 per cc for silver, $35 handling +$20 per cc for polished silver

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35509 is a reply to message #35455 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 07:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the feedback.

I wont be making a point of selling items via Shapeways as the cost price per unit is too high, however Shapeways is great for prototyping and creating a master, that can then be cast via more affordbable means.

I'll be redesiging this piece as two parts, Skull and Band with a male / female lock so make polishing easier, and also swap different size / style band with different heads etc.

Re: Lion Skull Ring [message #35569 is a reply to message #35509 ] Sat, 01 October 2011 05:47 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rubyscooby  is currently offline rubyscooby
Go to my shop
Very cool design! I have been thinking of doing some skull designs. Wanted to do a wierd duck bill platapus or maybe a flying fox.

Previous Topic:painted prints
Next Topic:3D Seahorse

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.