Home » Community » It arrived! » Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #34915] Thu, 22 September 2011 20:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar null_and_void  is currently offline null_and_void
Go to my shop
Here's a picture.index.php?t=getfile&id=11186&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=11184&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2011 15:25 UTC]

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #34989 is a reply to message #34915 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 15:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar roofoo  is currently offline roofoo
Go to my shop
The model is nice, the pictures not so great. Razz

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign
Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35003 is a reply to message #34989 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 16:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Just replaced the pictures. I wonder where my crisp camera is. Anything else I can do to make this more presentable?
Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35007 is a reply to message #35003 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 17:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar roofoo  is currently offline roofoo
Go to my shop
For one, it's generally not a good idea to shoot facing a bright window. It either blows out the picture or makes the foreground too dark. And definitely use a better camera if you have one.

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign
Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35050 is a reply to message #35007 ] Sat, 24 September 2011 19:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2011 18:01 UTC]

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35051 is a reply to message #35007 ] Sat, 24 September 2011 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Here is my latest picture of the silver helm wheel.index.php?t=getfile&id=11153&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=11159&private=0

Markups for prints printed at Shapeways are not my own, my sale currently has zero mark up for my silver sailors wheel. Any price over $1 for silver of this wheel and ammount for shipping fuel is not of my own discretion and I do not get profit or net at this time. EULA's being of their own understanding.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2011 13:25 UTC]

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35069 is a reply to message #35051 ] Sun, 25 September 2011 16:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I think that if this was produced at commercial numbers it would be 24.99... Actual price for silver jewel... That would look like a United States price for somewhere between the year 1995 and the year 2020. That's my guess for Walmart and Part time Jeweler's, and Jeweler's not in the extra monetarily profitable times of their lives. But that's not a lesson on supply and demand or ethics. Just a small opinion.

I hope you all at Shapeways are having a great time. Wish I could see you guys in New York. I'm doing a little work. Very Happy Thanks Anna and thanks members of Shapeways community and → etc.

Justin Mitchell Hicks

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2011 16:40 UTC]

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35070 is a reply to message #35069 ] Sun, 25 September 2011 17:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2011 13:44 UTC]

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35113 is a reply to message #34915 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 13:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Silver had a trial period. Buying more than one ring only will save you on shipping in the new pricing model. In the current pricing model models 1cc or lower would be $40 for silver $50 for polished silver. In the new pricing (starting Oct. 1st) Silver will be $50 and polished will be $55 Plus $6.50 shipping (in US)

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1012-An-Update-to-the -Shapeways-Pricing-Structure.html#extended

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2011 13:30 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35134 is a reply to message #35113 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 16:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Your kidding me? Prices for silver are much lower than that . Has shapeways not been able to pay bills?

Although the price of silver is low, I still stand on my word... Silver and Gold objects don't alone change the number of unearthly riches I already have.

Keep your prices the way they are , if you like business or not, anything inbetween and you could see a lot of fluctuations. either way collecting treasures to collect rust and moth here on earth, it's vanity.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2011 18:11 UTC]

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35137 is a reply to message #35134 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 16:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
NO offense but if prices go up, I would also expect Q (for quality) to go up. I might buy my own printer.

But then again... You're doing a great job! Custom jeweler's are hard to find.

And I mean that from the bottom of my ♥ Heart ♥

You're so far the only upstart I've found that made it this easy to print silver... from an upload and order stand.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2011 16:15 UTC]

icon4.gif  Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35138 is a reply to message #35137 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 16:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
You're talking to someone honest and dumb, not stupid.

I love your service, I just don't know how many days I'd be able to pay for your service fees.

I'll be learning a little on dental and mould makings in coming days.

Would you guys be my friends?

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2011 16:23 UTC]

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35144 is a reply to message #35138 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 16:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
For a one off, even with the new pricing structure, Shapeways silver prices are extraordinarily cheap. I can put you in touch with a jeweller in an eastern country for comparison if needs be. You'd be looking at something like $600-$800 plus import taxes for your first item, but susequent multiple orders would be a lot cheaper (depending on the weight of silver used)

p.s. i think you mean to refer to Shapesways as a 'Start-up' company... upstart means someone who causes trouble Wink

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35150 is a reply to message #34915 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 17:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
If you were buying a silver nugget, than yes paying that much over would be ridiculous. But then you wouldn't buy a 3D printed silver nugget. You have to count in there the time on the machine and the labor. If you could get a solid silver custom piece that much cheaper any where else, so many people would not be ordering it. And like you said after the handling fee is handled (pun intended) the price per cc goes down. As a piece gets larger, the labor involved doesn't increase too much.

Side note: no need to post multiple times in succession. If you post and no one has commented yet, feel free to edit your last post rather than posting 3 times in a row. As a rule of thumb, forum educate is to wait 24 hours before bumping a post that you last commented on.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35192 is a reply to message #35150 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 20:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
First year jewellery design students in the college I went to were always given a project to design an engagement ring that was to retail for a fixed price. Part of the exercise was work out the various mark-ups and profit margins involved. Almost alway the material costs of the gold and stone used was less than 5% of the retail price.

Bill Bedford
Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35240 is a reply to message #35144 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 10:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Trust the hand of Love.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2011 15:40 UTC]

Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35260 is a reply to message #35150 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 16:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Mon, 26 September 2011 17:13

Side note: no need to post multiple times in succession. If you post and no one has commented yet, feel free to edit your last post rather than posting 3 times in a row. As a rule of thumb, forum educate is to wait 24 hours before bumping a post that you last commented on.

Someone's not reading... Twisted Evil

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Small Sailors Wheel Silver arrived! [message #35266 is a reply to message #35260 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 17:54 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
actually I re edited my posts about a hundred times... someone's not reading.

Expect an Increase in Knowledge in the end times.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2011 18:03 UTC]

Previous Topic:Seraphinaring
Next Topic:Wombat's Dice - Wrong metal?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.