Home » Community » General Discussion » Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back?
Search Search  
 () 2 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #34952] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert

Page view count - would you like it back?[ 32 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 29 / 91%
2.Indifferent 3 / 9%
3.No 0 / 0%

With the changes in the new model page, it turns out that the page view count was removed and may or may not be back.

Whilst voting here may or may not sway the decision makers, it's your chance to show how you feel about the page view count.

Paul

Re: Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #34953 is a reply to message #34952 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I voted Yes because I feel that the page view count is an overall useful tool for relating page views against sales.

Re: Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #34957 is a reply to message #34952 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 11:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
It would be nice if it was accurate this time too.......
Re: Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #36253 is a reply to message #34952 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 15:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
I would also like the number of views and favorites to be visible. For now, the co-creators are using the old code, so we can see those stats for co-creators by hitting "personalize".

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #36364 is a reply to message #34952 ] Mon, 10 October 2011 19:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ben Racey Modelling  is currently offline Ben Racey Modelling
Go to my shop
Yes, definately, really useful to see which models are most popular on the shop, please, please bring it back!

Regards

Richard.
Re: Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #36366 is a reply to message #36364 ] Mon, 10 October 2011 20:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Noted!

Thank you, Paul. If I can get any more support on this one, it'll make it that much easier for me to make the case that we need to get it reinstated! Wink

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #36918 is a reply to message #36366 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 21:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Schmiegel  is currently offline Schmiegel
Go to my shop
Voted Yes as it allows to see what models are interesting for others and what not - even for a zero-seller like me Wink

Btw ... the model download is also gone, isn't it? I loved it as it allowed easily find out which of the 10 object versions I have actually was deemed good enough to be published ... without my non existing advanced archiving skills Wink
Re: Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #36921 is a reply to message #36918 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 22:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Download appears when edit mode is on. So do other things, just read the full page, not everything is where you expect it.
Re: Page view count, it's gone - would you like it back? [message #36940 is a reply to message #36921 ] Wed, 19 October 2011 09:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Schmiegel  is currently offline Schmiegel
Go to my shop
Ah Thanks stannum - I found it!

If I want to download my model I just have to activate the public download, save that setting, and then I see a Download button. Cool!
After downloading I can deactivate public download again - that's particular useful for models where I really do not want public file download.
Rolling Eyes

Previous Topic:Confused About Titanium
Next Topic:Upload changed?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.