Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Minimum wall thickness vs. minimum detail size
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Minimum wall thickness vs. minimum detail size [message #339] Fri, 25 July 2008 12:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar EdZ  is currently offline EdZ
Go to all my models
What material would allow me to print the smallest details? The materials page lists White Detail, Transparent Detail, and White Strong and Flexible of having a minimum detail of 0.5mm. Is this the maximum resolution of the printing process, or the minimum wall size?

I'm interesting in creating miniature models with Shapeways, so sub-millimetre detail is important, as to whether to model the details for printing to simply create blank surfaces and add details by hand prior to casting.
Re: Minimum wall thickness vs. minimum detail size [message #349 is a reply to message #339 ] Fri, 25 July 2008 14:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
The White Detail and Transparent detail materials have a much smoother finish. So they look more accurate. The White Stong and Flexible material feels powdery so might look less accurate.

The overal accuracy of the materials is comparable but generally we would recommend the White Detail material if detail is your chief consideration.

Previous Topic:salt?
Next Topic:Multiple intersecting objects in scene?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.