Home » Community » It arrived! » Bell Mouth Intake
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Bell Mouth Intake [message #3462] Fri, 20 March 2009 21:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar oopsclunkthud  is currently offline oopsclunkthud
Go to my shop
Working on a tuned intake for a 250cc scooter engine. I have a good idea of how long it should be but wanted the option to try out different lengths to find the best results. The adaptor and bell mouth fit onto a length of aluminum tubing for testing.

I didn't design in any clearance (or interference) and found that giving the printed part a quick dunk in some hot water expanded them enough to slip over the end of the pipe. After it cools the parts are pretty much one. Another quick dunk is enough to disassemble them.

index.php?t=getfile&id=365&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=364&private=0

• Attachment: IMG_1505.jpg
    (Size: 16.06KB, Downloaded 941 time(s))

• Attachment: Picture 1.png
    (Size: 70.41KB, Downloaded 970 time(s))

Re: Bell Mouth Intake [message #3478 is a reply to message #3462 ] Mon, 23 March 2009 13:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Cool

I like the idea! But, does it actually work?

Cheers, Ralph

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: Bell Mouth Intake [message #3480 is a reply to message #3478 ] Mon, 23 March 2009 15:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar oopsclunkthud  is currently offline oopsclunkthud
Go to my shop
haven't had a chance to get it on a dyno yet. I'll be trying 6 lengths in 10mm increments. If it does work I'll redesign the bell mouth and tubing as a single integrated part.
index.php?t=getfile&id=370&private=0

• Attachment: IMG_1512.jpg
    (Size: 15.75KB, Downloaded 920 time(s))

Re: Bell Mouth Intake [message #3834 is a reply to message #3480 ] Tue, 07 April 2009 14:15 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi oopsclunkthud,

keep me informed though!

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager

Previous Topic:Cars 50mm & 75mm
Next Topic:rotating pill box

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.