Home » Support » 3D Design » Plenty of errors uploading!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Plenty of errors uploading! [message #3450] Fri, 20 March 2009 17:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar belm  is currently offline belm
Go to all my models
Hi all,

Firstly I'll introduce myself. I'm a final year Product Design student in the UK, looking to use shapeways to get components for my major project printed.

As a test piece I've been trying to upload the attached SolidWorks file as an STL or VRML. Howerever whenever I upload a VRML I get a message saying that the piece is too big (regardless of how much I fiddle with the settings), and when I try to upload an STL I get a message saying that the filetype can't be read!

Any ideas?

Thanks Very Happy

Murray.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2009 17:59 UTC]

Re: Plenty of errors uploading! [message #3453 is a reply to message #3450 ] Fri, 20 March 2009 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
Murray,

There is an issue with the "dialects" of STL. When you get an "not validated" error the easiest fix is to download meshlab, open the file, save as STL.

That nearly always does the trick.

http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Meshlab is open source and really handy for checking your models.
Re: Plenty of errors uploading! [message #3458 is a reply to message #3450 ] Fri, 20 March 2009 20:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar AO  is currently offline AO
Go to my shop
Murray,

Your sldprt is 239,28 mm large if I open it in sw.
So its really big. Probably has to do with your settings inches and millimeters.
If you make an stl in sw you have to mark mm or inches
See the pdf with a screenprint.

Greetings AO

Previous Topic:zbrush-meshlab inverted normals/manifold arrghhh
Next Topic:Inverted Normals and/or Non-Manifolds Trouble

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.