Home » Community » General Discussion » Questions about the new product detail page interface
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34478] Sat, 17 September 2011 16:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar CGD  is currently offline CGD
Go to my shop
2 questions:

1. How can I delete a design?

2. How can I turn off all other materials except one? For example I only want the model to be printed in WSF, do I need to uncheck all the other materials?

Thanks in advance for answers!
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34483 is a reply to message #34478 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 17:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
see this thread for all the bugs in the new system:

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6411&a mp;start=0&

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34502 is a reply to message #34483 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 19:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
I like some things about the new interface, though I prefer the old one for some things too.

But lets face it...With this many blatantly obvious bugs, how many people at Shapeways REALLY thought this was READY to be released again? They should have caught a large majority of these testing on their own systems before it was released. And this is the 2nd time in a few weeks they did that.

I love shapeways, but seriously guys you need to do better. Either a Beta server or select a group of volunteers to beta thier pages for you. It's obvious this needed more work and wasn't quite ready.
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34512 is a reply to message #34502 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 04:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
bluelinegecko wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 19:29

I love shapeways, but seriously guys you need to do better. Either a Beta server or select a group of volunteers to beta thier pages for you. It's obvious this needed more work and wasn't quite ready.

Well, they did have a "Beta version" stamp on top of the web page, and WE, are the group of volunteered suckers doing the betaing. Twisted Evil

Look at the bright side, if you are on the PC you can be worst. Stuck with "official releases" such as Vista or Win 7 with no hope of bug fixes.

I just hope Shapeways had incorporated some secret hot keys to do the tricks, like pressing control-shift-alt and click on the check box will disable all materials; or keying in I-a-m-d-e-l-e-t-i-n-g-y-o-u-s-u-c-k-e-r and click on the model will delete it... Laughing
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34522 is a reply to message #34512 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 08:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Okay, question 3:

How to add to favourite?
Confused
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34526 is a reply to message #34522 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 11:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
In theory go to top right of the product page and click on: "Add to favorites" followed by a heart.
But I am usure it has an effect...

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34527 is a reply to message #34526 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 11:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Magic wrote on Sun, 18 September 2011 11:01

In theory go to top right of the product page and click on: "Add to favorites" followed by a heart.
But I am usure it has an effect...

Can't find that now... Confused
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34530 is a reply to message #34527 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 11:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
You can only favourite other people's models... check the lower right on your tank trap set http://www.shapeways.com/model/39841/1_144_tank_trap_set_v5. html?gid=sg20663 - I just faved that Smile

Paul
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34531 is a reply to message #34530 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 11:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Yes, I confirm it still works (perhaps not instantaneously).
Perhaps it depends on your navigator (Vista/IE8 here):
index.php?t=getfile&id=11036&private=0

• Attachment: Favorite.jpg
    (Size: 136.79KB, Downloaded 124 time(s))

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34533 is a reply to message #34530 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 12:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Sun, 18 September 2011 11:32

You can only favourite other people's models... check the lower right on your tank trap set http://www.shapeways.com/model/39841/1_144_tank_trap_set_v5. html?gid=sg20663 - I just faved that Smile

Paul

Now this is bad. Because it was the other way round before the new face lift. Before, I cannot make other's model a favourite, but can make my own a favourite.

I found that actually very useful because there are a lot of my designs I would order again and again. So I add them to My favourite page. Some models I only order once, or make for others, those I don't need to have in My favourite.

Now I have to sort through 11 pages X 10 rows X 4 models in order to get to the one I would like to place order. Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for faving my model, but I do not see any indication on the model page... Confused

And Magic:

No add to favourites when viewing my own model...
index.php?t=getfile&id=11037&private=0

• Attachment: snap4.jpg
    (Size: 91.36KB, Downloaded 110 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2011 12:08 UTC]

Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34534 is a reply to message #34533 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 12:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Now, if adding to shop categories was working, I say add the models you want to re-order to a category just for you... but that won't work until that's fixed.

An alternative would be to create a bookmark folder on your browser and bookmark the model pages to the folder.

Not ideal, but workable.

Re: Questions about the new product detail page interface [message #34535 is a reply to message #34534 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 12:32 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Sun, 18 September 2011 12:19

Now, if adding to shop categories was working, I say add the models you want to re-order to a category just for you... but that won't work until that's fixed.

An alternative would be to create a bookmark folder on your browser and bookmark the model pages to the folder.

Not ideal, but workable.

Used to be so simple beforehand, and worked...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." comes to mind...

Previous Topic:'Beta version' - What does this mean.
Next Topic:New design rules for WSF Polished & FUD/FD -- Feedback Request

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.