Home » Support » Bug Reporting » new model page
Search Search  
 () 3 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: new model page [message #34477 is a reply to message #34476 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 16:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
jedinewby wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 16:34

thanks for making it harder to get to the next picture since there is no link to go to the guys main page, the next or previous image. 3d imaging no longer works, and how will we ever know what materials won't work since you appear to have removed the list of materials the maker will allow for the ship?

If a designer has more than one image, there are next/previous image buttons on over the image itself, but note, you will find many models than only have the standard Shapeways render, so there will be no option to see another image.

The 3D view is currently broken, but will be looked into.

Materials are a choice for the designer, if a design will not work in a certain material, the designer will (should) not make the design available in that material.

& Welcome to Shapeways Smile

Re: new model page [message #34479 is a reply to message #34477 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 16:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
Flipped my screen around to landscape and found that the price in US dollars is available. Just not default and impossible to set to US dollars when in portrait(see image on previous page)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: new model page [message #34480 is a reply to message #34476 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop

thanks for making it harder to get to the next picture since there is no link to go to the guys main page, (...)

I agree to that it might be not easy to find, especially for new members... but there is a link.
Just click on the shop logo.

index.php?t=getfile&id=11027&private=0

Wink

• Attachment: L.jpg
    (Size: 14.33KB, Downloaded 885 time(s))

Re: new model page [message #34481 is a reply to message #34472 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 16:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ceramicwombat  is currently offline ceramicwombat
Go to my shop
The new interface steals attention from what should be the focus of each product page, the model itself. The photos are awkwardly cropped and the additional graphic elements are unnecessary. The basic template for the product page should have taken a step toward simplicity rather than zazz. Shapeways should supply ergonomic, streamlined tools. We, the artists, will supply the zazz.

Add me as a voice requesting the reversion to the previous style of product page.
Re: new model page [message #34482 is a reply to message #34480 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 17:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
pfeiffer stylez wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 16:53

thanks for making it harder to get to the next picture since there is no link to go to the guys main page, (...)

I agree to that it might be not easy to find, especially for new members... but there is a link.
Just click on the shop logo.

index.php?t=getfile&id=11027&private=0

Wink

Which model is that and does the 3D viewer work for you?

Re: new model page [message #34484 is a reply to message #34482 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 17:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 17:00

Which model is that and does the 3D viewer work for you?

That's your "Check Rope" ring.
But the link back to the shop's main page is on every model page.

Yesterday, the 3d view worked (if I allow the scripts from shapeways.com and java.net) in Firefox.
I got an error message in Opera, but that might depend on my browser settings.
At the moment it seems like the 3d view is completely disabled.
Re: new model page [message #34486 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
These are the design changes I'd like to see - after the the bugs have been fixed.

Design notes on the 'customer' model page:
http://images.aegidian.org/shapeways101.png

Design notes on the 'edit' model page:
http://images.aegidian.org/shapeways102.png
Re: new model page [message #34487 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Thanks for adding the download bugs to your list stop4stuff! I'm so disappointed I can't access my files.

Anyone else wondering why they decided to introduce this on a Friday??
Re: new model page [message #34488 is a reply to message #34487 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 17:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
cadalu wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 17:42

Anyone else wondering why they decided to introduce this on a Friday??

To have a maximum of feedbacks before they go back to work on Monday?

Twisted Evil

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: new model page [message #34490 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 18:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar afrodri  is currently offline afrodri
Go to my shop
Adding my voice to this (though I think others have said this as well):

What happened to the convenient "add all materials" to the available materials? It is really annoying having to click each material.

Is it just me, or is there no way to put models into store categories? I have several dozen models, each at different scales, so the current interface makes it pretty much impossible for people to find what they want. This is a CRITICAL feature for me.

The page view counter is missing as well
Re: new model page [message #34492 is a reply to message #34490 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 18:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Cheers afrodri Smile
points already added... but if you think of or spot any more jump in and shout Wink

Re: new model page [message #34495 is a reply to message #34492 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 18:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways: I fully agreee that the descriptions should not be limited in size. We're trying to sell products here, and the images and descriptions are our major marketing tools.

I myself don't care for the blue triangle to the left of "Add to Cart".

I'm running IE9 on Win7 I have YET to see a single icon anywhere for 3dView - even on pages that others see it. Note: 3d view worked fine for me till Thursday.

Community: Let's keep it civil here. Now is not the time to rant about changes made on a Thursday night.. Now is the time to get it fixed, then deal with how to handle changes better NEXT time.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: new model page [message #34496 is a reply to message #34495 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 18:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
stonysmith wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 18:37

Shapeways: I fully agreee that the descriptions should not be limited in size. We're trying to sell products here, and the images and descriptions are our major marketing tools.

I myself don't care for the blue triangle to the left of "Add to Cart".

I'm running IE9 on Win7 I have YET to see a single icon anywhere for 3dView - even on pages that others see it. Note: 3d view worked fine for me till Thursday.

Community: Let's keep it civil here. Now is not the time to rant about changes made on a Thursday night.. Now is the time to get it fixed, then deal with how to handle changes better NEXT time.

Stony,
Interactive 3D for IE users is excluded in the coding - see my opening post, item #3 - for all other browser users it is broken anyway.

I think the community are being civil considering the fact that this has been dumped on us with no changes possible before Monday.

Re: new model page [message #34499 is a reply to message #34395 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 19:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rolandberberich1979  is currently offline rolandberberich1979
Go to my shop
I think most of the issues have been stated already.

The new layout is an absolute no-go especially the overview is totally lost!

Just change it back. Why fix things that ain´t broken.
Re: new model page [message #34501 is a reply to message #34499 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 19:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Charmed_Life_Designs  is currently offline Charmed_Life_Designs
Go to my shop
As most of the issues have been covered already, I just want to add one more vote for reverting the model page to the way it was before, as well as letting us test these changes before they are made permanent!

When in doubt... Duct tape!
Re: new model page [message #34503 is a reply to message #34501 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 19:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
I like some things about the new interface, though I prefer the old one for some things too.

But lets face it...With this many blatantly obvious bugs, how many people at Shapeways REALLY thought this was READY to be released again? They should have caught a large majority of these testing on their own systems before it was released. And this is the 2nd time in a few weeks they did that.

I love shapeways, but seriously guys you need to do better. Either a Beta server or select a group of volunteers to beta their pages for you. It's obvious this needed more work and wasn't quite ready.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2011 19:37 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34504 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 19:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gosric  is currently offline Gosric
Go to my shop
My gods it is a bad layout, was there actually anything wrong with it before. Change can be a good thing, but definitely not this time.
I am convinced this will hurt sales of my stuff. Page layout is the first selling tool we have. Change it back.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2011 19:40 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34505 is a reply to message #34504 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 20:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Gosric wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 19:36

I am convinced this will hurt sales of my stuff.

Yes, I've already had (would be) customer complaints about the new layout. I'm going to suspend my advertizing until this is sorted out. There is no point pursuing new customers if they are just going to become frustrated at the layout.
Re: new model page [message #34508 is a reply to message #34505 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 23:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
And it happened once more:

1) @ana: can you please clarify why this once more happens on Friday. I think it was discussed heavily during the last weeks.
The current stuff restricts designers from working and buyers from buying.
At least it's annoying that such a change has been once more made leaving the shapeway's users alone for the weekend.

2) For me the design is ugly (maybe that's my personal taste), but even worse it's much more fuzzy then before.

3) Somebody summarized the list of testing step. It's not understandable why this principle isn't followed?

4) Ever thought to split buying interface from editing interface. Wouldn't that make life easier. Since editing from designers point of view is a complete other work flow then buying from customers.

5) Why not leave the old interface and build up two new ones: one for buying one for editing properties.

6) Usability ? Things easy to reach ? All functionality available ? Grouping of items ???? Saving changes ?? ............

7) Communication and interaction with the community. (would have been achieved very easily with 3)

Sad Sad Sad Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2011 23:41 UTC]

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
Re: new model page [message #34511 is a reply to message #34472 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 04:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
pfeiffer stylez wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 16:03

Treadshot A1 wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 15:46

I'm posting again because i just noticed it's been crossed off the list in the first post, but it's actually not fixed at all.

The Update Model button no longer leads to a blank page, what it does is absolutely nothing. The tab has teh little "loading" icon, but it leads nowhere, and the page happens like you didn't do anything.

Do you allow the scripts from jquerytools.org ?
Browser-AddOns like "NoScript" might block them.

Firefox is set to "Enable Javascript: On".

The pane that's supposed to come up never shows up at all on Firefox.

*Just tried it before posting this. Still does not work. I've tried it without a Popup blocker, still does nothing.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2011 04:11 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34518 is a reply to message #34511 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 07:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
I looked the new page from a custumer point of view, and it is not bad at all (Windows Vista / IE8).
Once the description is expanded the design is very clear:
- I see the picture
- I choose the material
- I "add to cart" or "personalize"

Beside to the description that should always be expanded, just two extra things:
- when there is only one material available, do not allow to show the select material "list" because it is really not obvious to understand if the only available material is selected or not.
- the personalize page is still following the old design, this is very confusing.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: new model page [message #34520 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 08:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dexter  is currently offline Dexter
Go to my shop
The 3D Java applet throws an exception on my pc. Firefox 6.0.2. on Ubuntu with the Java plugin 1.6.0_26 :

exception: Found unsigned entry in resource: http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-1 .x-webstart-current/jogl.jar.
com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-1 .x-webstart-current/jogl.jar
at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJ ar(SigningInfo.java:411)
at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(SigningInfo.java:2 76)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Lau nchDownload.java:1741)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(LaunchDow nload.java:1508)
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.prepareLaunchFile(JNLP2Manag er.java:1161)
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.loadJarFiles(JNLP2Manager.ja va:473)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.ru n(Plugin2Manager.java:1496)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Exception: com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-1 .x-webstart-current/jogl.jar
Re: new model page [message #34524 is a reply to message #34520 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 09:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
3D view is broken for IE, Firefox and Chrome at least - noted in point 3 in op.
icon8.gif  Re: new model page [message #34538 is a reply to message #34443 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 13:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cbfasi  is currently offline cbfasi
Go to my shop
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6411&a mp;prevloaded=1&&start=0

1) Would prefer edit page to default set as 'on'.
Definately agreed. Its most annoying.
Normally when a designer clicks to this page they want to edit..

14) Crappy and unnecessary image cropping.
This may mean designers have to do extra work to show an images that shows all of the model..
It has provided no benifit.

20) No obvious way to delete a model.
This used to be on click, now I got no idea..

27) Materials selector on edit page is now a jumble. The convenient remove all materials button has gone and so has the materials grouping.
Major backwards move unless the model is printable in all products, makes the designer spend much more time just setting it up right. When it used to relatively easy and swift.

32) Compulsorary reason for model update is not necessary and adds to workflow.
This ought to be optional, not forced.

34) Currency on the model page should be what the logged-in user has chosen as their currency.
Very much agreed

In my honest opinion these changes are changes that have not be clearly thought about. It seems like a few people had ideas without really looking at what the benifit is. If there is not benifit to a change why change, after all your not making changes just for the sake of it.. or are you..

These ideas need fully thinking, and although done in a bad way, at least your getting feedback about them from your users.

Next time get us to test and evaluate, I am sure you will get a better release result.

Re: new model page [message #34554 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sun, 18 September 2011 21:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aluminumpork  is currently offline aluminumpork
Go to all my models
My biggest issue is not being able to delete models. I've looked seemingly everywhere. How could such a critical function go overlooked?

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2011 21:14 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34584 is a reply to message #34520 ] Mon, 19 September 2011 15:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AlanHudson  is currently offline AlanHudson
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm looking into this problem. It's happening for all users right now. Something changed at Sun/Oracle that we depend on, tracking down what.

Director 3D Tools
Re: new model page [message #34597 is a reply to message #34584 ] Mon, 19 September 2011 17:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Automaster  is currently offline Automaster
Go to my shop
Okay, it's Monday and after 2pm eastern time, surely some work has been done by now. It is critical that you fix the 3D viewer. That's the only way I will know 100% for sure that my NEWLY uploaded models are ready to print. Please fix this if nothing else TODAY!

By the same token, I know technology stuff is never as simple as it seems. I just hope that someone is doing [I]something[/] to correct these changes so we can all get back to business as usual. Thanks!

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2011 17:29 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34599 is a reply to message #34597 ] Mon, 19 September 2011 17:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
We're working on it. I don't have an expected release time yet.

Director 3D Tools
Re: new model page [message #34611 is a reply to message #34599 ] Mon, 19 September 2011 20:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
I should make it clear that I'm just working on the 3D model viewer problems in this thread. I'm not speaking about the rest of the model page issues raised.

I have a fix for the 3d model viewer problem and hope to have it out in today's push. It's in testing currently.

Director 3D Tools
Re: new model page [message #34612 is a reply to message #34599 ] Mon, 19 September 2011 20:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
giles7777 wrote on Mon, 19 September 2011 17:31

We're working on it. I don't have an expected release time yet.

By "It" do you mean all of the issues mentioned so far, or the 3D viewer, or deleting models?

Is the plan to try and fix the current version of the interface, or just to revert to the old (i.e. functional) interface?
Re: new model page [message #34613 is a reply to message #34599 ] Mon, 19 September 2011 20:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi all,

Oh my! I havent' been able to touch base with our development team about this yet, but I feel truly bad about this one. I'll get on top of this and get back to you with more information as soon as I can (which may be a little slower than I may like as I'm heading for London in two days to work at TENT).

In the mean time, do keep posting your feedback, by all means.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: new model page [message #34617 is a reply to message #34326 ] Mon, 19 September 2011 22:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Shop sections are still missing from the new interface.

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE BACK ASAP!

I have designs up that are topical, that belong to a major media corporation, that I cannot give them a widget for until this is fixed.

Thanks...

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
Re: new model page [message #34619 is a reply to message #34611 ] Mon, 19 September 2011 23:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
The 3D viewer has been restored. Sorry for the problems.

Director 3D Tools
Re: new model page [message #34623 is a reply to message #34619 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 02:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
giles7777 wrote on Mon, 19 September 2011 23:22

The 3D viewer has been restored. Sorry for the problems.

I still don't see the icon on any page that I visit.
I'm using Win7/IE9 .. it was working last week.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: new model page [message #34625 is a reply to message #34619 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 03:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey all,

Following your feedback the dev team made a few fixes.

- You can now delete models through your MyDesigns page
- Not for sale items now have their prices hidden
- We've restored the option for a user to remove their own comment

There were many things about this release that weren't up to par. Please know that there are more fixes on the way.

Many of you guys had questions and confusion about why we released when we did. I hope I can help shed some light on things. This release was scheduled for Wednesday, which then got pushed to Thursday. The process took our dev team until late into the night, which meant many of you woke up to it on Friday morning (right when I was heading off to Maker Faire NY...). While it may have seemed that we pushed this out on Friday and then left it, Josh and the product team actually monitored your feedback all weekend, and even implemented some changes over the weekend that they recognized were truly critical. We were doing everything we could to ensure we didn't just leave you hanging.

This particular UI change was targeted to make the experience easier for shoppers and first-time designers. While opinions vary, I think some of you already noted that you think the UI looks good from a shopper's view. We want to bring more shoppers to your shops, and hopefully after fixes, this will end up paying off .

Even though we botched a lot of things on this release, we're moving into a phase where changes are going to be made often, and I'm confident that we're going to get good at it quickly.

I really thank you for your patience and your feedback. I'm keeping my eye on this thread closely so I can continue to address your thoughts and reactions.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: new model page [message #34626 is a reply to message #34625 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 03:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
I don't know if you are intentionally vague but your post says nothing about actually trying to prevent screw ups like this from happening,

I would like to here someone say the words "We will implement a update checklist to prevent this from happening again and here are the steps..."

You really do need to implement a site update checklist like the one I posted earlier. This should never have happened the first time. let alone the fact this is the second or third time this year. Testing is important.

Making changes effects everyone so keep us in the loop before you make them.

That said this will be a good step forward for the customer. For the designer it is currently a few steps backwards with the only good thing being that it is easier to see markups in every material as well as to change the markup in every material.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: new model page [message #34627 is a reply to message #34326 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 04:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Any information when the download issue will be fixed? I need to download my own model.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2011 04:27 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34628 is a reply to message #34326 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 04:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fakebusker83  is currently offline fakebusker83
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
There have been may points brought up over the weekend, and I'm not sure if the points I'm bringing up has been mentioned before. If they are I apologise.

The image upload function is pretty bad. There is no feedback to let me know if the image is loading or if it is going to be uploaded successfully. A page refresh doesn't work all the time in showing the newly uploaded image.

The order the materials are arranged in on the right column feels random. It frustrates me to keep scrolling up and down to find all the coloured Strong Flexibles, for example. If the materials can be grouped to their families (much like how the old layout does) and separated by dividers, it will be much easier to work with.

This one has been mentioned before, and I want to say it again. Needing to click 'more' to read the product description is needlessly distracting.

However, I'd like to say that I really like how I can easily edit the markup fees on the main page without needing to go to product inventory. Kudos to that.

I also like how images can be viewed full-screen. We just need to be able to upload large enough images to make this feature worth it.
Re: new model page [message #34633 is a reply to message #34625 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 06:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
ana wrote on Tue, 20 September 2011 03:14

There were many things about this release that weren't up to par. Please know that there are more fixes on the way.

Thanks for those fixes, looking forward to seeing those other fixes ASAP so I can get back to modelling and creating content for you. I still can't do that until the truncated description and shop sections are fixed.

Quote:

Many of you guys had questions and confusion about why we released when we did. I hope I can help shed some light on things. This release was scheduled for Wednesday, which then got pushed to Thursday. The process took our dev team until late into the night, which meant many of you woke up to it on Friday morning (right when I was heading off to Maker Faire NY...). While it may have seemed that we pushed this out on Friday and then left it, Josh and the product team actually monitored your feedback all weekend, and even implemented some changes over the weekend that they recognized were truly critical. We were doing everything we could to ensure we didn't just leave you hanging.

Well that sucked deeply. And yet it was a repeat of the situation you had before and promised wouldn't happen again.

I really want to know what you are going to do to avoid this situation in future. Because despite your 'best' efforts, a lot of people felt that they were left without support and with (what is still) a non-functional, inferior UI.

Quote:

Even though we botched a lot of things on this release, we're moving into a phase where changes are going to be made often, and I'm confident that we're going to get good at it quickly.

I really thank you for your patience and your feedback. I'm keeping my eye on this thread closely so I can continue to address your thoughts and reactions.

Good, because this debacle came very close to me losing my enthusiasm for Shapeways. There are alternatives.
Re: new model page [message #34637 is a reply to message #34326 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 07:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
avatar unellenu  is currently offline unellenu
Go to my shop
I'm mostly OK with the new page just had a look at it today (aside from my usual response to any change which is not ever generally positive). At least there is not so much scrolling down the page neccessary as before.
My only thing that I'm quite unhappy Sad about is the way that all my squarish images are now zoomed in and cropped (with the new aspect ratio) . As I have over 200 models currently on Shapeways (some hidden some showing) it is too much time for me to resize every one.
I'd prefer my images to have white strips down the side rather than be cropped so much that the product is only half visible.

Janelle.

unellenu.com

Pages (8): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »] 

Previous Topic:How to add my own price
Next Topic:huh... connect to www.nyc.shapeways.net

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.