Home »  » Introductions » Greetings
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Greetings [message #33819] Mon, 05 September 2011 23:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar Artistix  is currently offline Artistix
Go to all my models
Hey folks,

Sam from Australia here.

I was going to make some Star Trek figure customs & people refererred me to this site.

I am still trying to wrap my head around this 3D printing business!

My project is pretty simply. I have a 7" tall figure. I wish to up-scale her head to fit on the body of a 12" figurine.

7" figures head
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/Artistix/Bevhead1.jpg

Middle figure - 12" scale
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/Artistix/Album%202/BevCustoms2011008.jpg

I gather the 'white, strong & flexible' material would be best?

We are giving her rooted hair, so the hole on the head from the plastic harpiece would need to be filled. Would rooted hair be possible with the strong white material?

Am I able to send the figures off to Shapeways for them to do it all for me? or do I need to get all the 3D uploading done myself?

Thanks heaps for your time. And to the Shapeways people thanks heaps for an awesome website!

Take care,

Sam. Smile
Re: Greetings [message #34233 is a reply to message #33819 ] Wed, 14 September 2011 00:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Artistix  is currently offline Artistix
Go to all my models
Can anyone recommend some other 3D printing sites?
Re: Greetings [message #34234 is a reply to message #33819 ] Wed, 14 September 2011 00:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I have no idea about the rooted hair stuff, but you would have to model it yourself. If you need someone to model it for you post in the modeler needed section.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Hello
Next Topic:Hey

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.