Home » Support » 3D Design » zbrush-meshlab inverted normals/manifold arrghhh
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
zbrush-meshlab inverted normals/manifold arrghhh [message #3394] Tue, 17 March 2009 18:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar nilbymouth  is currently offline nilbymouth
Go to all my models
Hi,

Ive created something in zbrush as an experiment. Got a bunch of error emails when trying to upload. Used meshlab and got a bunch of different error messages.

I have no idea what to do now. Confused

If anyone could help it would be most appreciated. Ive never made anything for 3d production before so much of it is very new to me.

Thanks

Steve

Re: zbrush-meshlab inverted normals/manifold arrghhh [message #3396 is a reply to message #3394 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 19:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
hi nilbymouth, the model looks simple enough. I can fix this for you but it would be better if you post the .ztl... What scale are you trying to print it?
Re: zbrush-meshlab inverted normals/manifold arrghhh [message #3404 is a reply to message #3394 ] Wed, 18 March 2009 08:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AO  is currently offline AO
Go to all my models
Steve,

I turned the notworking into a isworking.
Its a meshlab stl.

Greetings AO

• Attachment: Isworking.stl
    (Size: 10.84MB, Downloaded 75 time(s))

Re: zbrush-meshlab inverted normals/manifold arrghhh [message #3412 is a reply to message #3394 ] Wed, 18 March 2009 18:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thankyou so much. I have no idea how you managed that and I hope that it didnt take too long.

Also thanks to daddymack for the offer.

Dont know where I went wrong. I'll try some other experiments out and see where it all falls down.
Re: zbrush-meshlab inverted normals/manifold arrghhh [message #3415 is a reply to message #3412 ] Wed, 18 March 2009 21:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AO  is currently offline AO
Go to all my models
nilbymouth,

I forgotten to mention, check the size of the doll, I think became a little bit smaller.
It might be something like 10 percent smaller.
One of my settings was wrong, meanwhile I solved the issue for me but after I fixed your file.
Sorry for that.

Greetings AO
Re: zbrush-meshlab inverted normals/manifold arrghhh [message #3416 is a reply to message #3394 ] Wed, 18 March 2009 21:56 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Size was something else I had failed to consider - or rather ive only ever worked with 3d apps with 2d output in mind - so its never been an issue. Steep learning curve.

Im using blender to size it so it doesnt cost a fortune Smile

Just excited at getting something from screen to 3d print.

Previous Topic:Normals and Rhino 4
Next Topic:Plenty of errors uploading!