Home »  » It arrived! » Ashtray
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ashtray [message #34119] Sun, 11 September 2011 17:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Glazed Ceramics is no more available for now, but I recevied recently my Mini Ashtray (6 cm of diameter) and I wanted to share:
/openfile/257988/photos/photo49882.jpg

As expected the bottom is not glazed.
I am very happy with the result and I hope that very soon we will see again Glazed Ceramics at Shapeways.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Ashtray [message #34121 is a reply to message #34119 ] Sun, 11 September 2011 17:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Magic.. come on.. this is a bad print - look at the tips, you can see the clay... Confused - are you really happy with the glazing thickness ?

So far i've seen maybe only few good thick glazed ceramics models since this material was introduced.. and that is too bad

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Ashtray [message #34122 is a reply to message #34121 ] Sun, 11 September 2011 18:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Well, I wouldn't call it a bad print... Smile
I looked again more carefully and in effect in some areas the thickness of the glaze could be better.
At the edges as you said (but the spots where the glaze is too thin or perhaps even missing are really really small) and also on the top (at 4 o'clock on the picture, it is hardly visible) the glaze is not smooth.
Actually I was afraid to see layers, that's why I am happy with the print. I think it is acceptable as an ashtray. But you are right, if the part was to be food-safe I guess those points could have been a problem....

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Ashtray [message #34152 is a reply to message #34119 ] Mon, 12 September 2011 15:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Making an ashtray out of ceramic is almost the inverse of food safe Razz. I'm sure the level of glaze will be part of the evaluation.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Hanging Angel
Next Topic:Ceramic Cup!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.